Social Location stock app may be major batt drain

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info...speaking of Social apps...do most of the Droidians use the regular stand alone FB & Twitter apps or the Social Networking app? I used the stand ones on my BB with great success, but have read conflicting reports about which is better on Android. Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It appears the stock app Social Location may be a cause of major battery issues. As cited on the Motorola Bionic forum:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57606

Just starting it out of curiosity may open up issues for you. I would imagine a root and rename/freeze would solve it, but if you're not wanting to root for now, I would steer clear.
I think theres been multiple threads on this already. Anyway I rooted and paid the $6 for Titanium backup so I could freeze it. I understand a lot of people don't want to go that route, I really didn't either, but honestly the root process is so simple and I was able to freeze so much bloatware I'm very very pleased that I manned up and did it.

Thanks for that info...speaking of Social apps...do most of the Droidians use the regular stand alone FB & Twitter apps or the Social Networking app? I used the stand ones on my BB with great success, but have read conflicting reports about which is better on Android. Thanks.

I'm using the standalone apps and am very pleased with their performance. FB app was just updated last night and its even better now. I wouldn't recommend using the social networking app.. all my opinion, obv.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This app has become the bane of my existence.

I opened it once just to make sure it was closed and now it keeps on reopening by itself and draining the battery in the process.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is the problem once you start using it, theres no way of killing it other than rooting? I dont have this app running on my bionic and never have.

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This app has become the bane of my existence.

I opened it once just to make sure it was closed and now it keeps on reopening by itself and draining the battery in the process.

Revisit the thread. They found a way of shutting it down if you are not root.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I may have clicked on it once by accident and now I notice it running in my battery list all the time, despite having it on the auto-kill list.

I'm considering rooting this weekend...

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
If the non-root option didnt work, that only leaves rooting.
There is really no reason to not root your phone, especially since it is so easy.
I have rooted all my Android phones, and use Titanium Backup to freeze the bloatware I don't use. Really makes a difference on battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463