Skype with Video working on my Droid Bionic

arahouston

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link and directions. Worked great. Nice to finally have video chat working. Now, can you do the same thing for the Xoom please?

wcasanas

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Works great on my Bionic thanks Kales. It took seconds to install and everything works great. I've called computers, iPhone and other droid phone with no problem video chatting.

TrinitYPL

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Download it to the phone. If your using tapatalk, there is a file called tapatalk_downloads the apk file will be saved on there. I've downloaded it a few times to see if I would get an error, n still haven't. Also reinstalled it a few times aswell, works perfectly!

arahouston

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what is causing it, but the application is signing me in without any input from my end. Is there a way to stop that?

fghtoffyourdmns

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
i've followed the steps and it still doesn't work, any ideas?

I uninstall skype, install his version and then I change the settings... but it doesn't show anything (blackscreen) and/or just stops video all together and i have to click it again. Also, the other user can't even go on cam... it's Bionic to MAC.

ecuanita1

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
:) I have not. I managed to convert all my friends to android. I dont see why it shouldn't work but if someone has tried i would like to confirm. Thx

I followed all your first instructions but I couldn't download the file from my phone. I read your second instructions on the next page: I downloaded the compressed.rar file to my computer, then I extracted the .apk file and copied it to my phone. But since I am not a computer genious, I googled how to copy the file to my phone. I copied the file in my SD card, I dowloaded from the market Astro file manager for SD cards, and I installed skype from there. I called my first friend who has Iphone 4 from ATT and works perfect. I'm so happy with my Bionic now. Thanks Kales. :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
My only problem is that I have to hold my phone like super far away from my face...it seems like the front facing camera is like really zoomed into my face, if I hold it like where I normally do then it's like a closeup of my chin...

scentualsun

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have the download from 3rd party box checked otherwise it will not work. Bionic prompted me to this setting when trying to intall.

Rilo Droid

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried it on Mac? I can't get it to work with my wife's Mac. I have the first 4 video settings under advanced settings checked now they can't call each other. They don't see then as "online".

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
@millenia I followed kales instructions, downloaded from stock bionic browser, checked the "install apps from outside market" (settings-> applications), clicked my newly downloaded .apk file from the notification bar and voila, it worked. Hope that helps

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here, can't download the file. The download keeps failing. I've checked the "install apps from outside market" setting. Not sure what's going on.

millenia1

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you RPSott02. As it turns out, I was attempting to download the wrong patch. I was hitting the "download" at the top of the window instead of the "direct download" button next to the words "multiupload." When I hit the latter, everything went as planned, and I was able to Skype my daughter who's half way across the country at school. Sweet!