Skype with Video working on my Droid Bionic

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i think the release notes say that you won't get any ads as long as you have Skype Credits. I'm not sure what the minimum amount of Skype credits are, but for about $10 you can have an ad free program (and also have enough to make calls internationally, etc.)

hgspyder

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get this to work on my cars bluetooth, but I tried connecting it as an audio device and that worked. Not real convenient but functional.

tydek07

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Skype updated their app and it now fully supports the Bionic :) I tested the video several times yesterday and ran into no major bugs. I would, however, recommend changing the video quality if you are using it on 4g (especially if using it on 3g). I was using it on 4g with full bars and had some frame rate issues at times. The video quality is preset to HIGH. To change it to LOW go to: Menu button --> Settings --> Video Quality, which is all the way at the bottom of the page.

cafutter

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded and tried the updated Skype. I used it from my phone to my PC over my home wireless network. Video quality set to high. It worked quite well. I am looking forward to trying it over 4G.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Tested it and it worked well from Bionic -> Iphone4 via wifi. I'm also curious to test it using 4G...hopefully gonna do that tonight

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried the market version yesterday. Bionic high quality 6mbit/s wifi to a friend on a laptop. Talked for about 45 mins. Worked pretty damn good.

Pabster

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble getting the video to work. I keep getting an error message that says to click the video button to turn on video. When I press the video camera icon, the video works for about 2 second before out sits off again and I get the same error message all over again.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble getting the video to work. I keep getting an error message that says to click the video button to turn on video. When I press the video camera icon, the video works for about 2 second before out sits off again and I get the same error message all over again.

Same exact problem for me. Any fix?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work by starting the call with audio only then switching to video. Call quality (audio and video) ok, but not great. But at least it worked.

Anyone try ooVoo video chat? Reviews say it is better than Skype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol