Exchanging Bionic

nitricacid#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
the easiest way to get a new fone under 14 days is go to tech support at store and state problem so its in there system and than go the next day with the same problem.

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my bionic the day after i bought it because i found a chip in the metal ring around the screen. I had a case on it tjen took it off cuz i didn't like it. They didn't have any in stock but said they were getting a shipment that afternoon. They called me when it came in and u stopped by afterwork to exchange it and return the case. No fee for the exchange. This was at a corporate store.

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to Verizon today also. I have the extended battery on mine and my older brother does too. My phone has been on for 5 hours with minimal usage with 3g on and i'm at 66 percent. He's at 10 hours with 4g on, blu-tooth, gps, and played golf with an app that tracks his distance, and it used 30% of the battery. and he just hit 62% battery. It's either my phone or battery.

I went to verizon. I feel so bad for them, because they blame my battery drainage for my synced accounts. I have them to refresh every hour... But I left Verizon. I don't want to deal with them. So my brother and I switched batteries to see if it was the battery or phone. And when we switched batteries from phones, mine was at 46 originally then when he put it in his phone it showed up at 14 %. His battery was at 43% and on my phone it showed 24%.. weird.

trainplane3

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Well 1 1/2 hours later, I got a new phone! It was the same guy as before so I approached him and said "Lets try this again" and immediately pulled out the Droid-Life article. I told him this was basically what was happening plus the screen off issue. He ran around showing other employees the article then decided to call tech support. He let me talk to the tech which told me to fix the 3g/4g issue by doing airplane mode which I told him did not work. Then he said to wait on a update which I then mentioned the screen off issue and he seemed surprised to hear about that. I was put on hold for 15mins he came back and mentioned the airplane mode fix and I said that its fine and dandy but it doesn't help the screen off issue. THEN he realized that I was within my 14 day period to get a new phone and was wondering why the store gave me a hard time and wanted me to talk to him. He said they have to make note of the problems then give me a new phone, no questions asked. Atleast there was a happy ending!

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
my store is that way they act like they personally are having to foot the bill for me a new phone . i normally just call tech support and go through the steps with them its always much easier and way more professional

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I am just the opposite. On the phone tech support they make you walk through a 1000 steps (including hard resetting your phone and losing everything) before they FINALLY say there is something wrong with your phone (Droid X experience about 1 year ago). I finally got fed up and walked into my nearest Verizon and they swapped out the phone for me immediately. They even apologized profusely for having to go through multiple phone calls with the 800# and getting nowhere and losing all my customization on my old phone.

Got the new Droid X and problem resolved. I have the person's card who helped me last time. If my Bionic keeps rebooting (so far only once), I am going straight back to her -- forget the 800#.

Katherine

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
my store is that way they act like they personally are having to foot the bill for me a new phone . i normally just call tech support and go through the steps with them its always much easier and way more professional

They act like they have to foot the bill but in all reality it's probably a matter of paperwork they don't want to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Always great advice from the androidcentrians. I am also having my signal drop a little to frequently. Also I had the issue where the phone powered off and I couldn't power back on until I did a battery pull. If verizon is being that tough on exchanges ill probably waited out for a so called "patch" that will fix it. Good ol verizon with there excuses

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781