Email Setup Problems

CanUFeelIt

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No matter what kind of configuration I try, I just came seem to get my inbox to load. The settings from the email client are below.

Incoming:
Server Name: mobile.charter.net
Port: 993
Security Type: SSL

Outgoing:
Server Name: mobile.charter.net
Port: 587
Security Type: SSL

I've also tried the 2 different suggestions from Motorola's website with no luck either.

Not sure about the security type option because there is no selection for SSL. I got it work perfectly for my Charge, but now I'm out of options.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure those are the right server names? Usually mail servers go something like this:

pop.domain.com
smtp.domain.com
imap.domain.com

etc.

I would double check with your mail host and see what settings you need to use for an outside mail client.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure those are the right server names? Usually mail servers go something like this:

pop.domain.com
smtp.domain.com
imap.domain.com

etc.

I would double check with your mail host and see what settings you need to use for an outside mail client.

Agreed. It sounds like you are putting the web address of your email server in, not the pop/imap/smtp settings. Check your service providers website for mail client configuration info.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am also a Charter customker...I never got Charter to work right. See the thread in the General Help forum called "Email deletion". In any case, my final solution was to set Charter (via their web interface) to auto forward to my gmail account. Then I use the gmail app on the phone to use my gmail account. My Outlook is the final destination and I changed it from Charter pop3 to GMaqil pop3. Finally works the way I want it to.