3rd Party Launcher on Bionic? LP? ADW?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone running a launcher on their Bionic? When I had a Droid X I loved Launcher Pro and I liked ADW EX, but when I went to a DX2 it just couldn't deal....bad redraws and 20 second lags to make a call....was a bummer. I have tested ADW a little on Bionic and it seems fine....am just wondering if anyone else is running a launcher, which one, and is the Bionic performance still nice and snappy with it installed?
Especially curious to know if anyone is using LP or LP+.
I like both, ADW for the docks and stuff and LP+ for the widgets.

Last edited:

suchashorttime

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I was a long-time LP+ user on my OG, and I recently gave GoLauncher a test run per Droid-Life's suggestion. I must say it is pretty nice. It pack quite the punch that LP+ does, but it offers enough customization to satisfy my needs right off the bat. They also offer the same widgets that LP+ does, but free, and I think they look a little cleaner.

Don't know if I'll keep it or go back, but it's definitely worth a shot. It's free and you can always go back.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
May i suggest go launcher ex as well? I was an adw ex user and decided to try go. Best launcher out there! Give it a try its awesome. And always being updated with new things. No lag at all, extremely smooth and very customizable. You won't be disappointed.

northend999

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
May i suggest go launcher ex as well? I was an adw ex user and decided to try go. Best launcher out there! Give it a try its awesome. And always being updated with new things. No lag at all, extremely smooth and very customizable. You won't be disappointed.

I second these comments. :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW EX. I purchased it for my Tab 10.1. Since I already had the license for it, I installed it on my Bionic. Runs fast with no problems so far. I like using the swipe up to jump to different screens, and swipe down to open notification bar. I can do this in both ADW EX, and GO Launcher EX.
I installed the Contacts GOWidget, and it lags a lot when trying to use the homescreen preview feature. It did it on my previous Android device, and on the Bionic as well. I also found myself hitting the "X" by mistake in the homescreen preview mode on GO Laucher, so I ended up deleting screens by mistake. I don't have this problem with ADW EX.

PhilD

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i am running ADW Launcher EX on mine, works fantastic, it's very customizable, stable and smooth, and has no redraws

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Go Launcher EX. Lots and lots of updates for that software so I feel like the dev team is on top of any bugs or issues that may come up in the future. I was also able to add 4 more homescreens. Plus it's really pretty. :)

Gallery here of the ink theme: Droid Bionic Screen Shots - kath00's Photos

i-T3XvLVf-L.jpg

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Launcher pro plus. Also change your VM heap up to 48. Your phone will run smoother.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I love Go Launcher EX, and used it for a long time on my Incredible. But, unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems since I installed it on my Bionic, so I'm uninstalling it to see if they go away, or if it was just a strange coincidence.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Still sticking to the 3rd party launchers? Or is everyone happy with the stock homescreens? I have adw ex, but haven't downloaded it yet on the bionic. I am thinking about it recently though...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I started this thread a little before the Bionic came out and got some good responses if you're interested:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/114906-blur-vs-customer-launchers-bionic.html

As for me, I enjoyed LP very much but am currently using Go Launcher because it lets you resize widgets (LP wanted the paid version to do that), has some more customizable settings and I like the homescreen options as well. I think LP was probably a tad bit smoother/faster to be honest, but not even so noticeable that I care. I did like LP's app drawer better but no big deal. I briefly tried ADW last week but didn't care for it. Can't remember what I didn't like about it but in any case I'm very happy with Go Launcher right now. Might try out some other ones at later time, Idk.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Still sticking to the 3rd party launchers? Or is everyone happy with the stock homescreens? I have adw ex, but haven't downloaded it yet on the bionic. I am thinking about it recently though...

I was never able to run LP+ to my satisfaction on my Droid X2, but it rocks on the Bionic. ADW EX also runs great. I use HomeSmack to switch between the two.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I started this thread a little before the Bionic came out and got some good responses if you're interested:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/114906-blur-vs-customer-launchers-bionic.html

As for me, I enjoyed LP very much but am currently using Go Launcher because it lets you resize widgets (LP wanted the paid version to do that), has some more customizable settings and I like the homescreen options as well. I think LP was probably a tad bit smoother/faster to be honest, but not even so noticeable that I care. I did like LP's app drawer better but no big deal. I briefly tried ADW last week but didn't care for it. Can't remember what I didn't like about it but in any case I'm very happy with Go Launcher right now. Might try out some other ones at later time, Idk.

I tried Go Launcher for a while, but I found it to be really buggy in comparison to Launcher Pro.