Anyone running a launcher on their Bionic? When I had a Droid X I loved Launcher Pro and I liked ADW EX, but when I went to a DX2 it just couldn't deal....bad redraws and 20 second lags to make a call....was a bummer. I have tested ADW a little on Bionic and it seems fine....am just wondering if anyone else is running a launcher, which one, and is the Bionic performance still nice and snappy with it installed?
    Especially curious to know if anyone is using LP or LP+.
    I like both, ADW for the docks and stuff and LP+ for the widgets.
    09-17-2011 06:51 AM
    I was a long-time LP+ user on my OG, and I recently gave GoLauncher a test run per Droid-Life's suggestion. I must say it is pretty nice. It pack quite the punch that LP+ does, but it offers enough customization to satisfy my needs right off the bat. They also offer the same widgets that LP+ does, but free, and I think they look a little cleaner.

Don't know if I'll keep it or go back, but it's definitely worth a shot. It's free and you can always go back.
    09-17-2011 08:10 AM
    May i suggest go launcher ex as well? I was an adw ex user and decided to try go. Best launcher out there! Give it a try its awesome. And always being updated with new things. No lag at all, extremely smooth and very customizable. You won't be disappointed.
    northend999 likes this.
    09-17-2011 08:13 AM
    May i suggest go launcher ex as well? I was an adw ex user and decided to try go. Best launcher out there! Give it a try its awesome. And always being updated with new things. No lag at all, extremely smooth and very customizable. You won't be disappointed.
    I second these comments.
    09-17-2011 08:21 AM
    I use ADW EX. I purchased it for my Tab 10.1. Since I already had the license for it, I installed it on my Bionic. Runs fast with no problems so far. I like using the swipe up to jump to different screens, and swipe down to open notification bar. I can do this in both ADW EX, and GO Launcher EX.
    I installed the Contacts GOWidget, and it lags a lot when trying to use the homescreen preview feature. It did it on my previous Android device, and on the Bionic as well. I also found myself hitting the "X" by mistake in the homescreen preview mode on GO Laucher, so I ended up deleting screens by mistake. I don't have this problem with ADW EX.
    09-17-2011 11:26 AM
    i am running ADW Launcher EX on mine, works fantastic, it's very customizable, stable and smooth, and has no redraws
    09-17-2011 12:18 PM
    I am running LauncherPro Plus right now but am a fan of GoLauncher EX as well.
    09-17-2011 12:29 PM
    Go Launcher EX. Lots and lots of updates for that software so I feel like the dev team is on top of any bugs or issues that may come up in the future. I was also able to add 4 more homescreens. Plus it's really pretty.

Gallery here of the ink theme: Droid Bionic Screen Shots - kath00's Photos

09-17-2011 02:15 PM
    I'm using launcherpro right now but based on what people are saying, I might give golauncher a try.
    09-17-2011 03:15 PM
    Do it! Lol you won't be disappointed. Here is the current state of my go launcher.
    09-17-2011 03:57 PM
    Launcher pro plus. Also change your VM heap up to 48. Your phone will run smoother.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-17-2011 04:03 PM
    I love Go Launcher EX, and used it for a long time on my Incredible. But, unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems since I installed it on my Bionic, so I'm uninstalling it to see if they go away, or if it was just a strange coincidence.
    09-17-2011 04:23 PM
    Do it! Lol you won't be disappointed. Here is the current state of my go launcher.
    What is the clock and date program you are using?
    09-17-2011 08:48 PM
    What is the clock and date program you are using?
    Im using bobclockD3. Its free on the market.
    09-17-2011 09:40 PM
    Still sticking to the 3rd party launchers? Or is everyone happy with the stock homescreens? I have adw ex, but haven't downloaded it yet on the bionic. I am thinking about it recently though...

09-25-2011 05:15 PM
    I started this thread a little before the Bionic came out and got some good responses if you're interested:
    Blur Vs. Customer Launchers on Bionic

As for me, I enjoyed LP very much but am currently using Go Launcher because it lets you resize widgets (LP wanted the paid version to do that), has some more customizable settings and I like the homescreen options as well. I think LP was probably a tad bit smoother/faster to be honest, but not even so noticeable that I care. I did like LP's app drawer better but no big deal. I briefly tried ADW last week but didn't care for it. Can't remember what I didn't like about it but in any case I'm very happy with Go Launcher right now. Might try out some other ones at later time, Idk.
    09-25-2011 05:41 PM
    Still sticking to the 3rd party launchers? Or is everyone happy with the stock homescreens? I have adw ex, but haven't downloaded it yet on the bionic. I am thinking about it recently though...

I was never able to run LP+ to my satisfaction on my Droid X2, but it rocks on the Bionic. ADW EX also runs great. I use HomeSmack to switch between the two.
    09-25-2011 05:59 PM
    Nice thanks for sharing, I'm using golauncher now glad to see it is one of the best.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    09-25-2011 06:30 PM
    I have tried them all on my OG Droid and my bionic, I've settled on golauncher

09-25-2011 06:35 PM
    I started this thread a little before the Bionic came out and got some good responses if you're interested:
    Blur Vs. Customer Launchers on Bionic

As for me, I enjoyed LP very much but am currently using Go Launcher because it lets you resize widgets (LP wanted the paid version to do that), has some more customizable settings and I like the homescreen options as well. I think LP was probably a tad bit smoother/faster to be honest, but not even so noticeable that I care. I did like LP's app drawer better but no big deal. I briefly tried ADW last week but didn't care for it. Can't remember what I didn't like about it but in any case I'm very happy with Go Launcher right now. Might try out some other ones at later time, Idk.
    I tried Go Launcher for a while, but I found it to be really buggy in comparison to Launcher Pro.
    09-25-2011 06:45 PM
    I used GO launcher for a couple of days, but the widgets wouldn't update at the set interval. So I switched back to LP

09-27-2011 04:45 PM
    i was expiereriencing issues on my adw ex. I get lag on the screen transition. I might try this to see if i still get lag
    09-27-2011 07:34 PM
    ADW lags a lot for me. Im now using launcher pro and its smooth as butter.
    09-28-2011 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD