microSDXC card

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if the Bionic is compatible with the newly announced microSDXC card 64gb?

Don't believe that it is. Highest it can go up to is a 32GB microSDHC card. MicroSDXC cards probably won't be compatible with anything right now. Pretty soon I'm sure more and more devices will become compatible with it once it becomes the norm.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
MicroSDXC are exFAT format. Maybe you could reformat to FAT32 so your phone would recognize it? I don't know if Android is limited to handling a 32Gb partition. The first 64Gb cards probably cost more than your phone, lol. It will be cool when 2Tb MicroSDXC are out. :)

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
MicroSDXC are exFAT format. Maybe you could reformat to FAT32 so your phone would recognize it? I don't know if Android is limited to handling a 32Gb partition. The first 64Gb cards probably cost more than your phone, lol. It will be cool when 2Tb MicroSDXC are out. :)

Might be possible with a firmware update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Where'd you hear that? I'm just curious because sdxc is not backwards compatible with sdhc, so it won't work in any phone that's currently on the market.

-The hardware is compatible. sdxc has exFAT file system which will not work on Android. Re-format to FAT32 so Android can access it and it should work. I also read somewhere that it has been done. I.m saving up for a 2TB microSDXC card now, lol.:)

dellenrules

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
-The hardware is compatible. sdxc has exFAT file system which will not work on Android. Re-format to FAT32 so Android can access it and it should work. I also read somewhere that it has been done. I.m saving up for a 2TB microSDXC card now, lol.:)

everything you said there is correct.
re-format to FAT32 with a partition manager, or wait for another firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781