Bionic Screen in Bright Sunlight

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Today was the first day I was really impressed with the Bionics screen. It worked great it bright sunlight. The image appeared to be "printed" rather than displayed like a regular screen.

It is not a super great screen like the Samsungs, but the better power use and the daytime viewing does make it a better choice for me.

Any one else notice the stock blur icons and widgets make the screen look worse than other third party items?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The low power consumption and great outdoor visibility was a major reason why I chose the Bionic.
I can't really comment on the stock widgets, because I'm using a 3rd party launcher.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
The ability to still see the screen well in sunlight was one of the things that made me decide to keep mine as well. My work keeps me outside alot, so I need a screen that has good visibility in those conditions.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Today was the first day I was really impressed with the Bionics screen. It worked great it bright sunlight. The image appeared to be "printed" rather than displayed like a regular screen.

It is not a super great screen like the Samsungs, but the better power use and the daytime viewing does make it a better choice for me.

Any one else notice the stock blur icons and widgets make the screen look worse than other third party items?

Honestly, I think it is better than samsungs. When I zoom out, the text stays readable while the samsung blurs. Call me crazy:p

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've compared it to the thunderbolt and the revolution and the bionic is better. That and the battery saving this screen couldn't be more perfect for me.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My new Bionic is far better than my Droid X also. I read the kindle app for about 3 hours outside in the sun today! Hurraaaay.

Katherine

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed today being able to see my screen today while driving. It's very readable in direct sunlight, I love it. And I don't even see the pentile either. I'm very happy with the screen on this phone

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ive got my screen brightness at 30%.......i cant see **** outside

I leave mine on "Auto" and it reacts well. I must admit that I wonder what it has gone to 100% from? I just done have time to adjust screen brightness when I am dealing with incoming calls, emails or text.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally got to really test out my Bionic in bright sunlight, as I was at the Patriots game all day yesterday. Pretty amazing. Still easily readable. Impressed to say the least. Brightness was on Auto. On the other hand, my buddy with a Evo had to keep getting into his car to use his phone, as he couldn't see a damn thing, ha ha.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I am really surprised that this screen does not get more positive reviews based on its superior viewability in sunlight. My OG Droid was usable, but the Bionic is really a pleasure to view outside. All you hear about is the pixelation/chainlink fence problem of this screen. These are legitimate complaints, but seem insignificant compared to the positive qualities of viewability and power consumption.

BTW- I always use auto brightness. It works much faster and selects a proper brightness far better than my OG Droid did.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am really surprised that this screen does not get more positive reviews based on its superior viewability in sunlight. My OG Droid was usable, but the Bionic is really a pleasure to view outside. All you hear about is the pixelation/chainlink fence problem of this screen. These are legitimate complaints, but seem insignificant compared to the positive qualities of viewability and power consumption.

BTW- I always use auto brightness. It works much faster and selects a proper brightness far better than my OG Droid did.

I agree. If they used a different screen then people would start to complain about how it drains their battery, and not being able to use it outside. I prefer the low power consumption and outdoor visibility any day. That's the main reason as to why I was so glad to ditch my previous Android phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love the brightness of the screen. I'm in AZ right and I'm sending this message. On my charge, I would not have been able too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7