Ice cream sandwich

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Omap is the preferred chip set for ice cream sandwich? Sweet! Check out the article on android central.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Omap is the preferred chip set for ice cream sandwich? Sweet! Check out the article on android central.

Which means we'll be getting it a lot faster than say the Droid X2 and actually a lot of Android devices right now, even tablets. Who wants to guess when we'll get it? I've been convinced we'll get it very late this year, or very early next year on the Bionic.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking early January.

At this point I think January is a safe bet, but I would like to see it late December or so lol. Motorola should have a hotfix for some of the problems soon, so after that they'll be able to get right onto updating to ICS...which should be coming out next month?

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Whenever someone gets the source code...there will be a rom for it. Promise you that. @p3droid is working on it

forsaken82

May 6, 2011
Visit site
this is one reason i rooted my bionic. after my droid x ( which i loved!) got so screwed up with gb i decided i would never again accept a ota untill it has been tested. i went through 5!!! dxx after the update. my original it killed half the screen. my replacement it killed the speaker and so on. this was not a good experience and i refuse to deal with that again

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It will likely have new features/improvements that Gingerbread doesnt have.

I dont know what any of those are, but someone that is following the development more closely might be able to tell you what to expect.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would say quite a few UI enhancements are expected...however, given that the Bionic has an overlay and blur elements, I don't think we'll get much out of it on that front.

It would certainly be nice if they gave us the stock UI but I might just be dreaming. :)

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically from what I have read there are a few big new features from ICS and lots of small ones.

The big ones off the top of my head are:
- Full Multicore support (better performance and battery life for us), right now in GB only the kernel offers SMP support, the OS cant take advantage of it at all so its sort of a "dumb" process management
- JIT improvements will make apps (non-ndk) about 160-180% faster
- Unified Android (Same version on Google TV, Tablets and Phones) so less fragmentation
- UI Improvements (such as render script for h/w accelerated graphics in a UI)
- More OS code separation (ex more updates via market instead of needing to wait for firmware updates)
- Better multitasking

so yea you get the idea

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Basically from what I have read there are a few big new features from ICS and lots of small ones.

The big ones off the top of my head are:
- Full Multicore support (better performance and battery life for us), right now in GB only the kernel offers SMP support, the OS cant take advantage of it at all so its sort of a "dumb" process management
- JIT improvements will make apps (non-ndk) about 160-180% faster
- Unified Android (Same version on Google TV, Tablets and Phones) so less fragmentation
- UI Improvements (such as render script for h/w accelerated graphics in a UI)
- More OS code separation (ex more updates via market instead of needing to wait for firmware updates)
- Better multitasking

so yea you get the idea

Looking forward to it

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's really hard to predict an exact date because the Droid Prime has to come out first. But, I would say a month after the Prime releases. Unless, of course, the bootloader gets cracked and one of the developers gets a leaked version before.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how this is a flapship device, i would think that moto would want to get this thing updated as soon as possible in order to keep up and stay competitive with the upcoming phones from verizon for this winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma