Pictures

jding88

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole android scene, so sorry if I don't know a lot! But I have a question, some of you guys are taking ridiculous looking pictures with your bionic, however I noticed my bionic doesn't even come close to taking pictures as good as some of the ones you've guys have posted. My question is that are you guys using different settings such as portrait, landscape, or steady shot. I've noticed that the "Auto" scene works the worst for me. This is a picture I took with "Auto". Also I am using the stock camera app with 8mp turned on.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole android scene, so sorry if I don't know a lot! But I have a question, some of you guys are taking ridiculous looking pictures with your bionic, however I noticed my bionic doesn't even come close to taking pictures as good as some of the ones you've guys have posted. My question is that are you guys using different settings such as portrait, landscape, or steady shot. I've noticed that the "Auto" scene works the worst for me. This is a picture I took with "Auto". Also I am using the stock camera app with 8mp turned on.

In your settings when in the camera app. There's a option to turn on/off widescreen. Uncheck that to enable the 8 megapixel photo. If you have it checked, than its uses the widescreen option and uses a 6 mega pixel shot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jasper

jding88

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the picture I uploaded was an 8mp picture. This is beginning to make me think maybe I got a droid bionic with a defective camera?

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It's been discussed that the Bionic doesn't have the best camera out there. A lot of people are hoping it's a software issue that can be addressed by an update.

Totally unrelated: I have the same Physics book for my class this semester.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Be VERY sure that your lens is clean. I take the sleeve on my shirt and wipe the lense thoroughly before trying to take pictures an boy does it make a difference. I too thought my camera was junk as none of the pictures looked 'great' but once I made DAMN sure that the lense had nothing on it, they're great. Delayed like every other Moto phone i've tried... but great :)

Brian

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how much you know about photography so don't let me patronize you here, but the flash isn't neccessary in well lit areas. And if you do need to use the flash, make sure youre at least 5 feet away from whatever youre photographing or else the light will blast your colors out.
The Bionic has a pretty sweet macro mode too for close up shots, so judging your distance is gonna be key when you're deciding what mode (be it macro, portrait, infinite, auto) you want to shoot in.

For example:

OCPwB.jpg

I shot this in macro mode. I chose this mode because the distance from the camera to the cup was relatively close. Notice how the Bionic's camera sets its range of focus to the cup, and the car in the background is blurred.
Notice I'm outside in a well-lit (relatively) area so the the flash is OFF. We know using a flash at the distance would wipe every piece of detail off the cup. As a matter of fact I don't think the Bionic will even allow for flash in macro mode.

So the camera is actually quite useable, you just have to know what modes to use and when to use the flash. And yes, you definitely want to make sure you wipe your fingerprints off the lens before you start snappin'

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: jding88

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the picture I uploaded was an 8mp picture. This is beginning to make me think maybe I got a droid bionic with a defective camera?

Fail... lol I didn't see that you had it on 8mp. I find that my camera pics look ehh indoors but look great outdoors... weird ha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781