Slacker Radio Widget Problem

Storm2Cool

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I accidently installed the slacker widget twice on my home screen and now i can't get them off. Any idea on how to remove them off the screen?

Storm2Cool

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out for anyone else who has a problem with removing widgets or icons off your homescreen, just click and hold and then drag them to the top of your screen where the trash can is.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
lol, that was a nice android 101 lesson for ya. Glad you figured it out though!

But I have another problem on the slacker widget, since we're talking about it. Why is it that sometimes when I press the widget, the app doesn't open? I have to actually run the slacker app first, then the widget will work if I press on it. Anybody else noticing this?

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
lol, that was a nice android 101 lesson for ya. Glad you figured it out though!

But I have another problem on the slacker widget, since we're talking about it. Why is it that sometimes when I press the widget, the app doesn't open? I have to actually run the slacker app first, then the widget will work if I press on it. Anybody else noticing this?

yeah i'm getting that a lot. if i remove the widget and then readd it it'll work fine until next time. i gave up on the widget and just put a shortcut on my screen.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
widgets aside, do you guys prefer Slacker over Pandora? i've never actually tried Slacker...

I used to be a Pandora user and never even heard of slacker until I got the Bionic. To be honest, I still don't know which one I like better, as they are too similar. I am only using Slacker now to give it a fair amount of a trial run to decide if I will stick with it or go back to Pandora. So far, I like the extra options that Slacker has with the ability fine tune.

tubamaster

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Pandora as well. I tried out Slacker on a recommendation from Wil Wheaton. I switched back and forth for a while and eventually moved to Slacker entirely. I somehow got upgraded to a Slacker Plus account and love the lack of ads and unlimited skipping. Slacker also seems to allow for more control over what kind of music it plays in the stations. Pandora's recently added listening limit is a surefire reason to switch to Slacker.

williamt31

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I prefer slacker over pandora just for the preset stations. I use the shortcut and I've noticed that I almost always have to launch it twice. That and the random force close anywhere from a 1/2 hour to a couple hours of listening, but I still prefer it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12