Loss of 3g/4g for almost 24 hours now

kylec123

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to connect to 3g or 4g since yesterday, and i know that both of these are available here. Any recommendations on what i should do? I've turned it on/off and toggled airplane mode on/off. Neither has worked. My 14 days are up this couple days...so i'm just trying to figure this out before i have to pay extra.

Also..if it matters. Im rooted with no sys apps deleted...just a few frozen.

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if your rooted or not im also not sure if it would matter. Meaning im not sure if u deleted or froze a program u needed. I had the same issue a few days ago after a few hours and several quick fixes that didn't work I did a factory reset. It fixed the issue but im rooted and had a boatload of bloat froze. After reset I was more carefull about what I froze and have not had any further issues. Only problem now is disapearing apps but that fix is leaving the apps on the phone. At least until motor fixes the sd card issue. Since the factory reset 3 days ago I have gone from 3g to 4g to wireless without a problem

Last edited:

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This if the exact reason I just deal with the bloatware, ignore them, and never have to worry if something I did caused the issue I am having. I personally haven't seen one glitch and I am full stock.

kylec123

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Apps i froze:
Kindle
Blockbuster
city ID
files 2.3.4
gotToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours
Home Screen Tips
IM 3.0.4.6
IM presense 2.3.4
Motoprint
NFL mobile
Slacker
V Cast media manager
V cast music 03.72.110
V cast tones 4.5.11
V cast videos 5.72.008

None of those seem'd that important. Someone correct me if im wrong.

If i do a factory reset..how can i backup/restore? I do have titanium...but im pretty new at it. All i've done is freeze those^.

Reactions: sabbath

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
As stated above Unfreeze un root and see if that works if not reset to factory like I did. Here is the bad news titanium saves its self to the internal sd card your backup will be gone I found this out the hard way. I don't know how to change titaniums storage folder I would like to make it the ext sd card

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This if the exact reason I just deal with the bloatware, ignore them, and never have to worry if something I did caused the issue I am having. I personally haven't seen one glitch and I am full stock.

I hear u I bricked my bionic and had to use rsd lite to load the stock os. I almost killed myself for being so stupid. I froze home screen by accident instead of home screen tips. The bootloader got to the home screen and guess what it wasn't there.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Apps i froze:
Kindle
Blockbuster
city ID
files 2.3.4
gotToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours
Home Screen Tips
IM 3.0.4.6
IM presense 2.3.4
Motoprint
NFL mobile
Slacker
V Cast media manager
V cast music 03.72.110
V cast tones 4.5.11
V cast videos 5.72.008

None of those seem'd that important. Someone correct me if im wrong.

If i do a factory reset..how can i backup/restore? I do have titanium...but im pretty new at it. All i've done is freeze those^.

That bolded one sounds rather important. Unfreeze them all. You may have frozen something necessary for connectivity.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
same problem here, cept im not rooted. 4g 3g just disappears at times until i reboot it. Might drop by vzw today

I have the same problem from time to time, but I attribute this to a low coverage area in the building where I work. I can force it to connect if I reboot, but everythng returns to normal shortly after I get back to a good coverage area without a reboot.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
As stated above Unfreeze un root and see if that works if not reset to factory like I did. Here is the bad news titanium saves its self to the internal sd card your backup will be gone I found this out the hard way. I don't know how to change titaniums storage folder I would like to make it the ext sd card

Have you tried hitting the menu button, preferences, then scroll down to backup folder location? Once there you should be able to scan the entire device and find your backups and change the default folder for your back ups.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
4g/LTE was down in parts of San Diego for the last 36 hours or so. It has returned to normal. 3g was always up though. I suspect it may have something to do with the planned LTE expansion in this area next month, but who knows?

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude I have the same problem. I'm waiting for costco to get in more shipments.. Some of us seem to have radio issues, and it seems like your lucky with me... What I did to get around it is toggle wifi on and off then I'd get 3g for a bit.. but just like you i had a day or two with nothing. I currently dont have data right now, and im on wifi.. Waiting to call costco as we speak. lol

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the opposite problem today...very weird. When I turn off 4G, I lose internet connectivity (no 3G). If I turn 4G back on, then I get LTE internet and it operates with no problem. I'm in New Haven CT

kylec123

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually got this to start working again. There is a big thread on droidforums.net about it. I went into battery/data manager settings and clicked data delivery option. Then i checked "data enabled". After this i was able to toggle back between 4g/3g with no problems(only a short pause between going from 4g to 3g). Obviously there's something wrong with it and i'd guess there will be an OTA fixing this sometime(hopefully). It still doesn't make sense to me why i could get 3/4g mobile network access without having this option clicked a few days ago though.

kylec123

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I also just figured this out. I have been using JuiceDefender to shut off data when my screen is off. When you enable JD it automatically unchecked this ^^ option. It worked fine up until monday....but now i guess i wont be using it anymore.

Now its time to root again.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I also just figured this out. I have been using JuiceDefender to shut off data when my screen is off. When you enable JD it automatically unchecked this ^^ option. It worked fine up until monday....but now i guess i wont be using it anymore.

Now its time to root again.

Yeah, JD has been funky with the Bionic, but I got an extended battery...I'm forgoing JD for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463