Have you switched from TBolt to Bionic?
09-23-2011 11:46 AM
- ... and if so, would you recommend others to do the same, or wait a little while for the rumored HTC Vigor?
I hope the problems folks have been having with their Bionics, particularly the audio-out problem, are limited to certain production runs. They're making me hesitate on using my upgrade until we know for certain whether this is the case.09-21-2011 09:42 AM
- I moved from the TB to the Bionic. I'm pretty happy with it. I've had one reboot in a week and I may have caused it. I've also had one freeze up requiring a battery pull. Both of these occured after I loaded on Skype and attempted to use it. After it wouldn't work I removed it. I havent had any issues sense.
The version of Blur that's on the Bionic doesn't bother me like the one on my X did. The phone is nice but if you are a Sense fan there is no "I have to have it factor" for me.
The one thing that stands out is Motos cellular radio. I have an area about 2 miles from my house that will drop calls on every non Moto phone that I have had including the TB. This list includes 3 different Blackberry devices, 2 phones from LG and the TB. None will hold a call there.
Every Moto that I have had on Verizon has held calls through that area. 2 different V60s. 2 V541s,2 Razrs, my OG Droid and my X all held calls there consistantly as does the Bionic.09-21-2011 11:47 AM
- Coming from the Thunderbolt, I can say I really miss Sense, custom ROMs, etc. But the Bionic is super fast. The screen is nice, as long as you aren't holding it up to your face. The reception and 4G handoff is a whole world better than the Thunderbolt, as is battery life. However, I can say with moderate certainty I will be selling it for the Vigor when it comes out. I just like HTC phones more I suppose. For now though, best phone on Verizon, no question. But if you can wait, I'd say see what october brings. I know everyone says IF YOU WAIT FOR THE LATEST AND GREATEST YOU WILL WAIT FOREVER CAUSE SOMETHING BETTER IS ALWAYS ON THE HORIZON. But in this case, October is close, and the Vigor is stacking up to be a really nice device.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk09-21-2011 11:58 AM
- 09-21-2011 12:02 PM
- I LOVED my Incredible 1. Perfect size and I love Sense.
It died on me last week after the Gingerbread update.
So, I had to upgrade. I had no choice. Since the Dinc 2 is basically the same as the original, I knew I had to go 4g. The natural choice was the TBolt.
For some odd reason, I could not receive mail sent from any Mac! I tried 2.
So, I traded it for the Bionic.
At first, I despised it. I hate blur, and didn't like it's look and feel.
After a few days, I learned to customize it, gave it an HTC skin, figured out the few annoying extra steps, and gave it a nice blue live wallpaper that mixes with some cool white cloud-like patterns.
And though I will go back to an HTC Sense phone during my next upgrade, I have learned to really love this phone! I can easily live with this until the next update.. and everyone says that even though the TB hd good sound quality, that the Bionic is even more clear.
Now if I could just find a texting app that looks like the Dinc's stock SMS client (I HATE the "bubbled" conversation.. I like the list with the my and the contacts picture next to each message.09-21-2011 07:20 PM
- I switched and I couldn't be happier. Of course I really dislike Sense and I prefer Blur to it.
If you like Sense then I would hold out for the Vigor as I feel it will be released some time in November. You also might say screw it and just get the Galaxy Nexus when that comes out.09-21-2011 07:58 PM
- I sold my TB to get the Bionic. I don't regret it at all. I hated the old motoblur and would not have bought the phone if it resembled that in any way. I love the speed of the Bionic as well as the reception. The first Bionic unit I had had a faulty radio in it that VZW exchanged in their store on the spot. The new unit is perfect. I also got the extended battery that gives me plenty of juice all day with moderate/heavy use. I had some complaints about the battery before the extended battery but now I think it's the perfect device.09-22-2011 11:20 PM
- I switched from the thunderbolt to the bionic and haven't looked back since. The only thing I even remotely miss is the camera. The new blur is not bad compared to previous versions and the phone is fast and smooth. I also like that the notification led is visible and not hidden behind a speaker grill making it very difficult to see. Overall I like everything more on the bionic, except the camera.09-23-2011 01:05 AM
It gives you the ability to use list view as opposed to bubble view, and you can customize just about every little bit about it. Also has individual notifications for different users.09-23-2011 06:21 AM
- Excellent thread. I'm a Bolt owner and I'm thinking about trading up for a bionic. I was curious about how a dual core phone felt compared to a single core. I really like sense and I am happy with my bolt but I always like to have the latest and greatest. After my dX... I vowed to never buy a Motorola again. I'm not sure if I should just wait it out or go for it. Once again,thanks for the thread. I was gonna start one similar but there's no reason for two. I'll stay up to date with opinions now.09-23-2011 10:57 AM
- Switched yesterday, and returning it today. I can't stand the thing. It's faster and smoother than my TB, but I've had my data connection drop several times this morning (and that's never happened with my TBolt), and the audio-out issues are driving me nuts. I'm going to hold out for HTC's next LTE-capable model before trying anything else.09-23-2011 11:07 AMLike 2
- Switched yesterday, and returning it today. I can't stand the thing. It's faster and smoother than my TB, but I've had my data connection drop several times this morning (and that's never happened with my TBolt), and the audio-out issues are driving me nuts. I'm going to hold out for HTC's next LTE-capable model before trying anything else.09-23-2011 11:10 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
Have you switched from TBolt to Bionic?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD