Hoping for help!

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

Last night I was going a little crazy with Root Uninstaller, uninstalling things left and right. Things seemed to go as normal, with no signs of deleting anything that I shouldn't have. Well, this morning, when going through my contacts, I chose the person I wanted to open and call. At this point I got a force close with the following message:

"The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I continue to attempt to open a contact, and I receive the same message. I even tried installing DW Contacts and use that instead, but I get the same results. Can anybody tell me the file that I need to reinstall, and possible where I can get it and how to do it. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you in advance.

Matt

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sweeeeet! I definitely deleted the Yahoo stuff! I'll check that link. I appreciate the ridiculously fast response.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmmmmmmm, I followed the directions VERBATIM. Downloaded, extracted, copied into system/app folder. Changed permissions of each individual file to rw-r-r, rebooted, and STILL, I am getting the same error. Weird. I even went through and did it a second time. No luck. Hopefully I am leaving something out...

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's not just the yahoo one that could cause it but any of the blur_{file name}.apk files you may have removed, they all interface with the contacts. Also by removing the SocialMessaging.apk that also breaks a few things on the phone as well.

Also, you should not be deleting any files. Rename the file by changing the extension from .apk to .bak and move it to your SD card for safe keeping. If you delete them then you won't be able to download and install ANY updates Moto/Verizon puts out for the phone until you restore those deleted files. At least if you rename them and move them, you can rename the bak extension back to apk and move the file back safely without having to fiddle with permissions and what not.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't copy just the Yahoo files, I copied every file included in that .zip folder. That's why I am confused as to why it didn't work. And you couldn't be more correct about the deleting stuff comment.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't copy just the Yahoo files, I copied every file included in that .zip folder. That's why I am confused as to why it didn't work. And you couldn't be more correct about the deleting stuff comment.

Did you also remove the SocialMessaging.apk? i remember that being one of the things I renamed and had to put back because my Contacts would force close.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't even remember to be honest! I deleted all types of stuff! Definitely got a little too trigger happy! I just flashed UNL3ASH3D 1.1 anyways, so I'm good to go! I appreciate the assistance!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463