Better 4G Signal??

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Inside of my house I can only get 1-2 bars of 4G and sometimes it drops out to 3G...I was wondering if theres anyway to get a better 4G Signal...The verizon people told me to dial *228 and hit option 2 but every time I do that it says a sim has activated and updated your my roaming. Any ideas...suggestions??? appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
you spoke to uniformed verizon employees--you don't do #228 on a 4G phone!

4G tends to work better outside in marginal areas. moving outside is about the only practical answer I have for you. my phone often switches in and out of 4G in my area. nature of the beast at the moment.

Reactions: CD1X

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you should never dial *228 for a 4G LTE phone. *228 option 2 was to update the PRLs on 3G phones but the 4G LTE SIM cards update the PRLs automatically themselves. I have the same thing in my house where my 4G will drop. Doesn't really matter to me because I use wifi at home anyway.

sabbath

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought that 4G was suppose to work better in buildings then our old 3G. My bionic will loose signal before my old Verizon Iphone used to in the same spots.

Sent from my mobile

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It does have better building penetration, but there's less 4g towers so until they get them to the same status there will be areas with 3g only of course.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sabbath

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It does have better building penetration, but there's less 4g towers so until they get them to the same status there will be areas with 3g only of course.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I find that even in the center of a 4G area, that the 3G will have a lot better building penetration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol