Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JCHoefer
  • 1 Post By pwscott
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what's the max voltage you've ever gotten...

on the extended and the stock battery? I just got my first extended battery today and it's having a bit of trouble getting the voltage up above 4 volts. I left it in the battery charging dock for an hour past when I saw the indicator lamp turn green. put it in the phone and immediately got a "90%" indication of battery level. charging it now inside the phone and got it to read 100% in a short time, but terminal voltage isn't as high as the stock batteries (I have 2 of them).

Is anyone getting over 4.125 volts?

Battery Indicator Pro shows 4.344v in the logs as the highest. 100% charge looks to be always about 4.3 volts.

Sorry....standard battery.
    1812dave likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: what's the max voltage you've ever gotten...

my extended has been stuck on 4.065 for over a 1/2 hour, after I got the 100% indication on the phone (it went from 90% to 100% way quicker than I thought, but I'm concerned about the max voltage being a bit low).

I'm using a USB charger that's a bit more than 1 amp. the stock charger is around .850

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Where are you seeing a voltage reading? In an app or widget it....?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by pwscott View Post
    Where are you seeing a voltage reading? In an app or widget it....?

it's a widget, called Battery Indicator. it shows the battery level in the notification area.

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Thanks....already use that, just never noticed the voltage reading.

1812dave likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I found out this morning that the battery dock isn't fully charging any of my batteries (I've had 4 of them, including one replacement std battery). I'm taking it back to verizon today to exchange it. if the next battery dock does no better, I'll get a refund.

Yesterday was the first time I used the extended battery--it was only charged to 90% via the battery dock. I had to finish charging it in the phone. Last night I put the extended battery (depleted) into the battery dock at 8PM. this morning at 6AM the green light was on, I put it back in the phone...shows just 90% charge and a voltage of 4.04 volts.