Wifi & 4G LTE symbol both display

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I saw 1 or 2 postings about this issue but no one seems to give a straight answer on this behavior, so I figured I'd make my own post.

When I turn on wifi, the wifi symbol appears and then it becomes blue, I believe when the data icon is blue it means it is connected to Google's servers. However, my 4G LTE icon remains on the screen, in white.

Is this normal? I'd rather not be running LTE and Wifi at the same time, that wouldn't help battery at all. Or are they not both actually running?

Any advice is appreciated.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply, that is also what I figured.

It just seems strange that when I force my device into 3G only mode (CDMA) and I enable Wifi, the Wifi symbol comes up and turns blue, and the 3G symbol disappears all together,

When I start in 4G LTE (CDMA/LTE) and enable wifi, it just behaves differently.

Am I the only one that finds this odd?

Mike

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No you're not.. there are some weird "glitches" with the symbols I've noticed but nothing that seems to really affect anything, from what I can tell. For example, I went to bed with the 4G symbol on and blue with the signal bars blue as well (indicating data/signal strength and use).. however since I've woken up the 4G symbol is gone, no 3G symbol either, only the blue signal strength bars are present, and I'm sure I'm getting 4G speed right now so I'm not even the least bit concerned about the symbol glitch. Its not the first morning this has happened, and like I said it doesn't seem to affect anything so, whatever :)

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
2defmouze,

Have you checked to see if your in battery saver mode in Settings > Battery & Data Manager > Battery Mode

This cuts data off over night for a period of time, could be why this happens to you when you wake up, not sure though. I leave mine in Performance Mode.

Mike

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
2defmouze,

Have you checked to see if your in battery saver mode in Settings > Battery & Data Manager > Battery Mode

This cuts data off over night for a period of time, could be why this happens to you when you wake up, not sure though. I leave mine in Performance Mode.

Mike

Yeah I'm def in performance mode. Like I said, just the symbol goes away sometimes even though I'm getting 4G data just fine, no big deal :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz