merge Facebook contacts with google contacts

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Moving from Droid incredible to bionic and I've noticed that the contacts that used to be synced so beautifully are not anymore. I.e my wife now has a Facebook contact and a google one. My question is- is there any way to link these two again?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If the two contacts have the exact same name, the phone should eventually ask you to link the two contacts. If not.. go to Contacts.. Pick a Contact.. Menu.. Edit.. Select the Link button on the top right of the screen and choose a contact to merge it with.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Faster way is to just log on a PC (I have a close to a thousand contacts, so I had to) and merge them together via your Google account. Like cyber says, they have to have the same name (I am sure they do.)

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Faster way is to just log on a PC (I have a close to a thousand contacts, so I had to) and merge them together via your Google account. Like cyber says, they have to have the same name (I am sure they do.)

+1 ...that would be faster. I'm always doing things the hard way lol.

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! For some reason I couldn't find this . Had to go "edit-> menu-> join contact" from the phone. Thx for the tips for the PC. Will use if I have a ton of conflicts like this. For now its just a couple

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Joining contacts option will only work until the next time you do a restore or switch devices. Only permanent fix is to import everything into Google

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm