3 Known Problems no fix date in site as per Verizon and Motorola

Bignick69

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The first issue is with Skype. You can not use the video feature. If you search the forums there is a way to download it from a certain site and then upload into your phone but when I went to do this my virus protection warned me of the site that has this so called "fix." Again, not saying there is anything wrong with the site, just saying what happened.

Second, if you use the app "Save To SD Card" many of the apps you save on your SD Card will disappear. You can see the files still are there if you go into setting, apps, manage apps, media area...but if you try to move them to the phone it will say the file is not found.

Third, let's say you type the word "paint" in the Marketplace. It will show you 2762 results on the first screen, however when you actually click to see all these apps you can only view about 200 or so. There is no "see more results" button at the bottom. There is nothing in the menu button if you press that, and you can not scrollany further down, left or right.

I spoke to Verizon and Motorola about all three of these issues and they are aware of all three. However, I was told they are not sure when all three will be fixed. They couldn't give me even a "round about" time frame.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3 Known Problems no fix date in site as per Verizon and Motor

Skype works
xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/470406
Apps to SD is not updated for the Bionic. It is the App that needs updating

These will all be fixed. You can browse the android market from your phone on the web page until these minor things get fixed.

You should really source your information when citing corporations. e.g a screen shot of an email or at least a time/date/duration of communication with them. Verizon CS is incompetent, and Just because they don't give you a time and date does not mean they wont fix it.

Bignick69

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Skype works
xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/470406

These will all be fixed. You can browse the android market from your phone on the web page until these minor things get fixed.

You should really source your information when citing corporations. e.g a screen shot of an email or at least a time/date/duration of communication with them. Verizon CS is incompetent, and Just because they don't give you a time and date does not mean they wont fix it.

The video for Skype does not work IF YOU DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE MARKETPLACE. Google "Skype video issues Droid Bionic" And, I never said Verizon won't fix these issues, I said they couldnt give me a time frame.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

they arent going to gove a time frame until they publicly announce the update. plus, the fact is that they probably dont know when the update will be ready to go yet, as there are probably several more bugs that will be adddressed as well.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

It's not the apps fault at all. It's the way Bionic handles apps. Try the "manage applications" within the settings. Bionic only moves apps to "media area" which is the "sdcard-ex" The Apps to SD only enhances phone's built-in function and makes app transfer to sdcard more convenient.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The first issue is with Skype. You can not use the video feature. If you search the forums there is a way to download it from a certain site and then upload into your phone but when I went to do this my virus protection warned me of the site that has this so called "fix." Again, not saying there is anything wrong with the site, just saying what happened.

Second, if you use the app "Save To SD Card" many of the apps you save on your SD Card will disappear. You can see the files still are there if you go into setting, apps, manage apps, media area...but if you try to move them to the phone it will say the file is not found.

Third, let's say you type the word "paint" in the Marketplace. It will show you 2762 results on the first screen, however when you actually click to see all these apps you can only view about 200 or so. There is no "see more results" button at the bottom. There is nothing in the menu button if you press that, and you can not scrollany further down, left or right.

I spoke to Verizon and Motorola about all three of these issues and they are aware of all three. However, I was told they are not sure when all three will be fixed. They couldn't give me even a "round about" time frame.
The above is not surprising. If you think that either Verizon, or Motorola are willing to give ETA's on things like that, just look to the major screw up they are going to have to deal with for some time regarding the Motorola Xoom. Motorola has given more than one ETA for upgrading the Xoom and have failed miserably to follow through. In fact their repeated ETA's borderline on out right lying, especially given the fact that they do not actively work to communicate with customers when they break their ETA's.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

What about the annoying noise issue with the headphone jack? I'm on my second unit, first one from Costco and the second one from Bestbuy. They both have the same issue. You don't have this problem?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not the apps fault at all. It's the way Bionic handles apps. Try the "manage applications" within the settings. Bionic only moves apps to "media area" which is the "sdcard-ex" The Apps to SD only enhances phone's built-in function and makes app transfer to sdcard more convenient.
Yes, we know how the Bionic handles internal downloads. It is still up to the developer to support the Bionic. The phone is partitioned like that for enterprise Security. Can't blame the phone for being to new lol. Email the development of Apps to sd and see if they will aspect the bionic.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The video for Skype does not work IF YOU DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE MARKETPLACE. Google "Skype video issues Droid Bionic" And, I never said Verizon won't fix these issues, I said they couldnt give me a time frame.
Yes, but I am just adding info. For readers benifiet only. Have fun.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I had trouble with. Apps 2 sd. After I deleted it, my apps were ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair