Doubting the bionic?

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that I went ahead and picked out the bionic. All the hate that has come about with the gs2 and vigor coming out and people complaining about the phone make me laugh. Do I wish a few things were better? Of course, but in the end, I sleep well at night with the bionic beside the bed. I recently saw a post that said that the gave the impression that the bionic wasn't that great of a phone compared to the gs2 sprint variant but it made me laugh. I am glad that this is my phone. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Sure us BIONIC owners had to make a couple sacrifices here and there, like some with the pentile or the camera, but for me the only complaint i had was an issue with the screens ability to display shades of yellow. Then I took my color test a step further. Did you know the super amoled plus screen has color issues too? I didnt but now I do. And i will take a slighty mustardly yellow to a green yellow screen any day. This is an amazing device with blistering 4g speed and dual core. So what if it isn't stock clocked higher than 1 ghz. If it bothers people, they may want to consider overclocking. Especially since I am sure it can handle a respectable bump. On top of all this, the battery life hasn't been as bad as some may be experiencing. Someone mentioned that a factory reset solved their problems. I soft bricked mine using p3droids toolbox. So I fxz'd it, then factory reset it. Not sure if it was a placebo but maybe it did help. I am on my phone all day, my minimum use is 33% and I still had battery life left on the phone for the day. Granted thats an extended battery but my droid x was about the same on extended.

All in all, this gigantic cluster of a post is to let those bionic owners and future owners know to be proud of their purchase. I know I am. But also remember in the end, all of these devices are still a phone first, everything else second.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: jroc

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my Bionic, too. Go to your local Verizon store and buy the extended battery ASAP. They're selling for 50% off ($25). I bought one today.

I just hope the lack of Tegra 2 doesn't limit it's gaming capabilities in the future.

(haha... Swype types urethra when you swype tegra)

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll 2nd the extended battery. Only $25 bucks and has turned this into the perfect device (IMO).

Exactly! I don't have time right now to explain how much I am loving this phone. But you've got it exactly right - $25 for the extended battery has turned the Bionic into the perfect device! :)

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Camera issues aside I love the phone. I just hope someone comes up with a skin/protector for the extended battery with all the extended batteries they seem to be selling. Will there be better devices in a few months - yep.. for sure. Not sure those better devices will have this good battery life (with the extended battery).

4G was important to me and even with a weak signal in my area I'm pulling DSL speeds. Traveling for work the past few weeks was really enjoyable having a solid connection. (on a side note I am not sure what Verizon is putting in the cell towers in Nashville... but they need to bring that box of Wheaties goodness up to Connecticut for me!)

For those waiting though.. there will be great options. I was just happy that Bionic showed up right when I was ready for an upgrade.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I love mine too - ALL phones have issues when they first come out, but with an OTA upgrade a few minor things can be fixed. My first Bionic (9/8) had the BSOD and random reboots; Verizon gave me a new one on 9/12 and I had ONE BSOD and nothing now for almost 3 weeks. It has been running like a champ - FAST & SMOOTH are the ways I describe it. The camera has taken some great pictures....just make sure you clean the lens first; for some reason, even with the extended Battery Cover, it seems to get smudged easily. Coming from a BB Storm2 I am still getting used to the Android O/S, but I love the app selection and the prices compared to BB's! I am looking forward to using the Bionic for the next couple years.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
BUT GUYS DON'T YOU KNOW THE DROID GALAXY NEXUS SIII IZ COMING IN LIKE 2 MUNTHZ AND ITS SCREEN IS WAY BETTERZ??!?!

Lol ;) I am also very, very happy with this phone. Couldn't care less what comes out in the near future and whether it has a mega HD blahgittyblah screen or an extra .3 ghz whatever... Bionic is great for me. People who complain about pentile wouldn't even notice it if Kellex didn't kick up such a fuss about it, IMO. Screen great, call quality outstanding, phone is super fast. Thought this would be another pointless thread but hey I'm glad to see ONE thread where people who are just happy with the phone can say so, as opposed to the 90784938 other threads where people whine about something. Cheers!

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Loving mine! I think once you customize it and tweek it a little its a hell of a device. Going for extended battery
Today!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I want to do extended battery but I love the simple silicon case and don't think one is available that fits it with extended.. anyone know otherwise?

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
As of right now the only extended case is the one from vzw. Not the greatest but I love how it fits in all of the docks without having to remove it.

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my BIONIC and do NOT want or need an extended battery. I have a charging station at Home a micro USB charger in my car and at work - same as with the DroidX.

King Howie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
loving my Bionic, but I am experiencing an issue one of you may be able to help me with. often when I touch something on the screen, i seem to activate something nearby. although my voiced pickers are a little larger than average and may be part of the issue (which can't be helped), I really think my touchscreen needs recalibrate. any ideas how to do so?

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Loving mine as well, nice to see a post about people enjoying their bionic instead of complaining about it.

Its not perfect (what phone is?) but it will keep me satisfied until its time to upgrade again in 2 years.

My Bionic has made a believer out of several iPhone owners, who have decided to switch to LTE andriod devices when their contracts are up instead of getting the iPhone 5.....I think that says alot for a phone.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
loving my Bionic, but I am experiencing an issue one of you may be able to help me with. often when I touch something on the screen, i seem to activate something nearby. although my voiced pickers are a little larger than average and may be part of the issue (which can't be helped), I really think my touchscreen needs recalibrate. any ideas how to do so?

Sorry, none that I know of. I did notice that I have been typing a little off since I switched from my X, but I figured it could be growing pains. Lol

MikeG7265

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
After all the changes Sprint was making, I took advantage of getting out of my contract, after 11 years. I decided to finally give Verizon a try. I figured if I was going to do this, I might as well go all out......I picked up my BIONIC last week, and so far I can't be more pleased. The screen took a day or two to get used too, but I am really enjoying the speed of this phone. I have to also say that I am very happy with the battery life....I am going to check out the extended battery today, but like some of the others have posted, with a charger in my car and at work, I don't think I am going to need one, plus I like how thin the phone is.

My only concern has been the vibration, it seems to be softer than I am used too, has anyone else noticed this?

I have to also agree that it is great to see a thread talking about the good of this device as opposed to all the negative.....I hope to read many more stories from those that are happy with their BIONIC

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Still planning on giving mine to my wife and going Nexus, but it's a nice device. It has its shortcomings, but anyone ranting about the phone being awful is out of their mind. I read some post from someone who said he could see pixelation holding the phone a foot and a half from his face. I'm sorry, I have really good eyesight - there is no way in hell your going to see pixelation at that distance.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for letting us all get together and enjoy the Bionic together. Coming off of the OG Droid I couldnt be happier. I do wish I had better 4g coverage in my area but it wont be long. For me the extended battery is the last step needed to make it almost perfect. Now we need a OTA Update to fix a few small problems (sd card names, 3g 4g switching issues) and it will be perfect. I chose the Bionic so I could be as future proof as possible and now more than ever I know I made the right choice.

wgroche

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am loving my Bionic! I am thrilled with the PenTile screen! I can actually see the damn thing outside in direct sun! kudos to Motorola for choosing it. I came from an OG Droid which was a game changer, but my Bionic is a worthy successor! Got the extended battery and I can do pretty much anything I want and have the thing last from 6:00 AM til bedtime! Great job Moto.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am loving my Bionic! I am thrilled with the PenTile screen! I can actually see the damn thing outside in direct sun! kudos to Motorola for choosing it. I came from an OG Droid which was a game changer, but my Bionic is a worthy successor! Got the extended battery and I can do pretty much anything I want and have the thing last from 6:00 AM til bedtime! Great job Moto.

Although I have returned my Bionic due to battery life concerns, which may be resolved with all the good input here, I would like to add that I loved the screen. While I don't use my phone to view fine art, I do use it outside. This screen is tops outside.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk