Office apps - which to use?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Which office app do you guys use on the Bionic? Looking to buy the full version so I can save/edit documents, but not sure if I should go with Docs2Go or Quickoffice. Has anyone used the full version of either? What do you like/not like about them?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had Docs2Go on my Blackberry and liked it, but I am using QuickOffice Pro on my Bionic and so far I like it...but I don't do any heavy document work with mine. QO seems to have a nice interface.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Which office app do you guys use on the Bionic? Looking to buy the full version so I can save/edit documents, but not sure if I should go with Docs2Go or Quickoffice. Has anyone used the full version of either? What do you like/not like about them?

I used Documents to Go because it can decrypt and unlock a password protected spreadsheet and/or word document that I encrypted and password protected with Microsoft Office. I do financially sensitive spreadsheets and word documents. I could not get that to work with QuickOffice. Hope this helps you.

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tab with both QuickOffice and Docs to Go... Docs-To-Go was the only one that let me use the same licence on my bionic... so if you think you will get a tablet I would go with Docs-To-Go... otherwise, they both have equal pros and cons.

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I like google docs. It's free and everything is saved in the google cloud. And you can access it in your computer to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Documents To Go is my favorite. Unlike QuickOffice, Documents To Go renders every document I throw at it. It's compatible with Google Docs and they're not stingy with the license.

They're the best.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
QuickOffice allows me to quickly jump from one excel worksheet to the next without going through the menu. DocsToGo is the only one that can use the freeze pain feature.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: shadowsjc

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
hmm, freeze pane seems like it would be a useful thing given the relatively small screen size vs. a computer screen. that might be the deciding factor for me - thanks

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
For anyone using the Amazon Appstore (free to install and use), they are offering OfficeSuite Pro 5 for free today only:

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

just downloaded it and played around with it for awhile. Seems to have most features you would need (including freeze pane for Excel). At the low price of $0 however, you can't really go wrong:)

Last edited:

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
OfficeSuite Pro is usually $15, but today it's available as the Amazon free app of the day. Worth taking a look at...

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the version of Quickoffice my Bionic came with and I love it. However, I only use Quickword and have not tried out Quicksheet, Quickpoint, or QuickPDF yet.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
QuickOffice Pro is free in the Amazon App Store today only. I just downloaded it and will be able to compare it to OfficeSuite Pro, which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Amazon App Store. Then I attempted to install QO Pro, Keeps throwing an error and saying to try again. Does the Amazon App store get clogged up on these free apps?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm not sure. I had a similar issue today but on the Android market. Try opening task manager and killing the Amazon app store, then open it up and try again

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
No help. Never got it. And today's free app has the same issue...I didn't want it...just wanted to try. Uninstalled the Amazon App Store...it's a bust for me I guess.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Heads up that Docs 2 Go (full version) is available for free today on the Amazon App store. I've now got 3 full office suites to play with ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX