Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Office apps - which to use?

Which office app do you guys use on the Bionic? Looking to buy the full version so I can save/edit documents, but not sure if I should go with Docs2Go or Quickoffice. Has anyone used the full version of either? What do you like/not like about them?

Default Re: Office apps - which to use?

I had Docs2Go on my Blackberry and liked it, but I am using QuickOffice Pro on my Bionic and so far I like it...but I don't do any heavy document work with mine. QO seems to have a nice interface.
    Cory
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

how is Excel on quickoffice?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    Which office app do you guys use on the Bionic? Looking to buy the full version so I can save/edit documents, but not sure if I should go with Docs2Go or Quickoffice. Has anyone used the full version of either? What do you like/not like about them?
    I used Documents to Go because it can decrypt and unlock a password protected spreadsheet and/or word document that I encrypted and password protected with Microsoft Office. I do financially sensitive spreadsheets and word documents. I could not get that to work with QuickOffice. Hope this helps you.

I have a Tab with both QuickOffice and Docs to Go... Docs-To-Go was the only one that let me use the same licence on my bionic... so if you think you will get a tablet I would go with Docs-To-Go... otherwise, they both have equal pros and cons.
    Motorola Bionic
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Formerly Motorola Xoom)
    I love Dropbox, help me get more space

I like google docs. It's free and everything is saved in the google cloud. And you can access it in your computer to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cvballa3g0 View Post
    I like google docs. It's free and everything is saved in the google cloud. And you can access it in your computer to.

With full version of Docs to Go you can access and save to google docs.

ROM
    Stock

Documents To Go is my favorite. Unlike QuickOffice, Documents To Go renders every document I throw at it. It's compatible with Google Docs and they're not stingy with the license.

They're the best.

QuickOffice allows me to quickly jump from one excel worksheet to the next without going through the menu. DocsToGo is the only one that can use the freeze pain feature.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

hmm, freeze pane seems like it would be a useful thing given the relatively small screen size vs. a computer screen. that might be the deciding factor for me - thanks
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

For anyone using the Amazon Appstore (free to install and use), they are offering OfficeSuite Pro 5 for free today only:

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

just downloaded it and played around with it for awhile. Seems to have most features you would need (including freeze pane for Excel). At the low price of $0 however, you can't really go wrong
    Last edited by shadowsjc; 10-26-2011 at 11:16 AM.

OfficeSuite Pro is usually $15, but today it's available as the Amazon free app of the day. Worth taking a look at...

On Amazon today is OfficeSuite Pro 5 free today

I have been using the version of Quickoffice my Bionic came with and I love it. However, I only use Quickword and have not tried out Quicksheet, Quickpoint, or QuickPDF yet.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Officesuite Pro 5 is free on the Amazon App Store for a few more hours.

Can't beat free.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

QuickOffice Pro is free in the Amazon App Store today only. I just downloaded it and will be able to compare it to OfficeSuite Pro, which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago

I installed the Amazon App Store. Then I attempted to install QO Pro, Keeps throwing an error and saying to try again. Does the Amazon App store get clogged up on these free apps?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Hmm not sure. I had a similar issue today but on the Android market. Try opening task manager and killing the Amazon app store, then open it up and try again

No help. Never got it. And today's free app has the same issue...I didn't want it...just wanted to try. Uninstalled the Amazon App Store...it's a bust for me I guess.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Heads up that Docs 2 Go (full version) is available for free today on the Amazon App store. I've now got 3 full office suites to play with

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

me too, me too! sweet...
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Lol... me too. All 3. Makes me wonder why they all 3 were free so close in succession.

Ewwww... start a rumor time... ics must come with a native app for office documents!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    Heads up that Docs 2 Go (full version) is available for free today on the Amazon App store. I've now got 3 full office suites to play with
    Me too! I went from none to three in less than a month!
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Quote Originally Posted by freeky1 View Post
    Me too! I went from none to three in less than a month!
    Which one do you like the best?
    Cory
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Which one do you like the best?
    Same here, just rarely use any of them to actually be able to answer this. Ha.
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast