2 Nagging Problems

skertes

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Brand new Bionic owner here.... Absolutely loving the device. Coming from AT&T I've had the Motorola Atrix 4G, Samsung Captivate. Before that was with T-Mobile and had several of their droid phones.

Two things about the Bionic that I can't seem to figure out:

1. I use Microsoft Exchange. I've turned off push syncing, and set the fetch schedule to manual. This means that the only time my phone should receive new email is when I go into the email app and tell it to refresh. Well, it's still downloading email automatically, as if it's got push turned on. Been through all the settings 10 times to no avail. Never happened on any other phone. Any thoughts?

2. I love using GO SMS instead of the stock SMS app. One of it's greatest feature is the popup notification. When you get a new message it will wake the screen and show you a preview of the message, ala iPhone, but also give you the options of closing, deleting or replying. It's really a great feature. But, I can't get the popup to work! Again, like #1 above, I've been through all the settings 10 times, including turning off all the notification settings in the stock SMS app so they don't interfere with the GO SMS app. All that happens every time I get a new text message is the screen wakes up, and there is a new message icon in the notification bar. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

robind21283

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You could try Handcent for the replacing the native text app - I can verify that the popup feature works on that applications along with lots of other customizable options...

skertes

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much but.... 1) I just came to Verizon from AT&T and have been using GO SMS on Motorola Atrix 4G (Gingerbread 2.3.4) for the past two months with zero problems. The Bionic is the same manufacturer, same o/s, same version.... There's no reason for me to switch to Handscent. I'm sure I'm just missing something somewhere. 2) Why would I switch to Touchdown (a paid program) when the o/s includes exchange sync for free? Again, I'm sure I'm just missing something somewhere and it's causing messages to continue to be automatically pushed to my phone.

Thank you very much for your responses but I'm hopeful that someone can assist me in finding out what I may be doing wrong.