Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G Sim card

Some of you have probably seen my posts that I'm on my 3rd bionic, and I was just wondering what (if anything can I do with the extra 4g sim cards? Each replacement phone I get, I get a new card, new battery, new SD card...etc.

I'll probably sell or use the extra batteries (i have a ton now), but what on earth can I do with the SIM? Is it trash?

Default Re: 4G Sim card

They don't just have you use your old SIM card? Several verizon people I asked said if I get another 4G phone in the future I would just pull my SIM from this phone and put it in the new one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    They don't just have you use your old SIM card? Several verizon people I asked said if I get another 4G phone in the future I would just pull my SIM from this phone and put it in the new one.
    They do, that's why I have the extras. The replacement phone came with new SIM cards, but I'm using my old one.

ROM
    Stock on most

Not much use for them. If you try and activate a new 4G device, but don't have a SIM card, Verizon will give you one. So, they're not worth much.

They are not worth anything. I had to buy 4g sim card when I bought my phone. Verizon charged $4.

Oh, ok. Now I follow. Seems like a waste to send them out if you already have one. And if you're replacing a bionic they should know you have one. I wonder if you could drop them off at a store so they get used. Seems like a waste to just toss them.

ROM
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Not much use for them. If you try and activate a new 4G device, but don't have a SIM card, Verizon will give you one. So, they're not worth much.
    So if I have a Thunderbolt and a Bionic, can I just switch the 4G cards and effectively switch numbers? My wife and I have this combo, and I would like to get my old number and data plan. We have Google Voice but I still rather have my old number back.

AC

From what I was told at the Verizon store, its pretty much like a GSM sim card. Your number is tied to that SIM so whatever 4G device you put it in activates that device for your number. It also takes care of the "esm change" side of things automatically for the CDMA.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

I am confused about the replacement 4G Sim Cards

I have a TB but had to switch back to my D2G while out of the country
    VZW told me the 4G Sim was no longer good and sent me a new one

Why do I need a new one when I switch back to my TB ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz51 View Post
    I am confused about the replacement 4G Sim Cards

I have a TB but had to switch back to my D2G while out of the country
    VZW told me the 4G Sim was no longer good and sent me a new one

Why do I need a new one when I switch back to my TB ?
    If you switch to a non-lte phone Verizon deactivates the SIM card.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Hold onto them. If you ever switch back to a 3g device and then need to go back to the bionic you will need a replacement SIM card as the old one is toast.