Notification Sound confusion

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I set up my custom notifications and text sounds and they work fine with not plugged into usb on computer. When the phone is plugged in, the sounds do not even show up on the list. I have the sounds on the sd card and not the sd-ext card.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I set up my custom notifications and text sounds and they work fine with not plugged into usb on computer. When the phone is plugged in, the sounds do not even show up on the list. I have the sounds on the sd card and not the sd-ext card.

If your files are on the internal memory and the computer connection unmounts that from the phone so it can use the partition, there's no way for it to know about those tones and it will substitute something for them. I had the problem when I was using them on the SD card, but I don't mount the internal storage by default so they stay available.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do I make it not mount the sd card? It automatically opens, or gives an option to, for me.

Do you mean not mount it on the computer? If you plug your phone into a computer, you'll have a USB item in your status bar. Drag down and select the USB connection item. You should see a dialog box that lets you pick what mode your USB connection is. Pick Charge Only if you don't want it to mount internal storage or the SD card on your computer.

If you mean on the phone, just go under Settings -> Storage and choose Unmount SD Card.

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have a custom ringtone/notification on all the time? I understand, and use, the charge only part, but when I switch to windows media sync or usb mass storage, the problem starts. Is there a special folder to put it in that will keep the tone available all the time?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie