pattern lock not working?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So after reading the thread re the stolen Bionic, I decided to add a pattern lock to mine (I had been meaning to do it anyway). But it doesn't seem to work. I went into settings, location and security and set it up in there.

But when I lock the phone and unlock it, I still get the standard lock screen (sample attached) - not the pattern lock.

Thoughts?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
bump - my Bionic rebooted on its own earlier, and now it sometimes displays the pattern lock, and sometimes goes right into my home screen. Grrrrr....

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
There is a timing setup for pattern lock. Your phone only provides the touchscreen lock screen if within a certain time period. After that the pattern lock will engage. This prevents you from constantly having to re-enter your pattern if you are actively using your phone.

Go to Location & Security Settings -> Security Lock Timer to adjust to your preferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDubs

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It should have the standard lock screen appear first, then, once you swipe to open it, the pattern lock appears. However, the pattern lock won't appear if you lock/unlock within the time period you specify for auto lock. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21