1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root lost with update.

Chances are you guys know this but just in case, root is permanently temporarily lost with the new Bionic update coming out per P3Droid. Meaning until a new exploit is found, you can't reroot. Reason being, the baseband is changed and is not replaceable with the sbf/fxz.

Edit: I know we have a root section but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. Mod please move if you feel it's more appropriate in the root section of this world of ours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 916ninja; 09-30-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: Root lost with update.

The November update or is something coming out sooner?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It was a leak that MDW got a hold of.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm guessing there may be an update to push sooner than Nov. Was the bug list that came out a vzw list or moto's? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by 916ninja View Post
    Chances are you guys know this but just in case, root is permanently temporarily lost with the new Bionic update coming out per P3Droid. Meaning until a new exploit is found, you can't reroot. Reason being, the baseband is changed and is not replaceable with the sbf/fxz.

Edit: I know we have a root section but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. Mod please move if you feel it's more appropriate in the root section of this world of ours.

could you please explain what "permanently temporarily" means?

Permanent only until TBH or someone else finds a new exploit to take advantage of and get us superuser back. =)

this is the reason i decided to hold off on rooting my device.

Permanently temporarily, i like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by debonu View Post
    Permanent only until TBH or someone else finds a new exploit to take advantage of and get us superuser back. =)
    sounds like a temporary setback, then, does it not? Last I checked, "permanent" doesn't mean "until a fix is found".
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Correct, that's what I meant by the sentence following the permanent temporary one. I guess it was actually moot to even say that because I don't think we could temp root with the current method in the first place.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    could you please explain what "permanently temporarily" means?
    It's permanently gone once you update unless someone finds a new work around. So, could be permanent or might just be temporary.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The phone will never just auto do these ota updates correct? Will always give you the choice or is there a setting I should make sure won't automatically update? Doubt it would let me update anyway as is with all the bloat I have frozen but obv want to check..
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Check this thread out they added the files list

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...