Transformers digital copy

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi there

Got what I presume would be a rather straight forward question, yesterday I bought and downloaded my two digital copies for the recently released transformers. The one for ipod and the other for media player. The media player version, is specifically made for these phones, and the file type is a wmv. Is there anything specific that needs to be done when putting it on the bionics memory card?? Cause I copied to what I thought was the right folder, movies, and I tried to play it, and the phone gave me an error message saying this could not be played or viewed. Any thoughts??

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi there

Got what I presume would be a rather straight forward question, yesterday I bought and downloaded my two digital copies for the recently released transformers. The one for ipod and the other for media player. The media player version, is specifically made for these phones, and the file type is a wmv. Is there anything specific that needs to be done when putting it on the bionics memory card?? Cause I copied to what I thought was the right folder, movies, and I tried to play it, and the phone gave me an error message saying this could not be played or viewed. Any thoughts??

Don't know where you read it would play on a phone, because it won't. Its copy protected and Android won't play it.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
X-Men First Class has a digital copy that uses pocketBLU. That will play. It's a bit confusing because that digital copy is different than the iTunes/WMV that is also included with the BluRay disc. Transformers may have something similar, but I dont' know. I think the WMV is only for Windows machines.

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Kinda going thru this right now. Here are the playable formats for the Driod Bionic. What I don't know is what are the perferred resolutions?

I think I'm just going to use 3rd party S/W and rip all my DVDs so looking for perferred output.

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to actually sync the digital copy to your phone through media player for it to work. That's what I think somebody told me anyways... The reason was that they want to keep reins on where the file goes, and I guess Media Player and iTunes will go out and download digital rights from the web, authorizing it and allowing it to be synced.

I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure what somebody told me once before when I asked about this.

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to actually sync the digital copy to your phone through media player for it to work. That's what I think somebody told me anyways... The reason was that they want to keep reins on where the file goes, and I guess Media Player and iTunes will go out and download digital rights from the web, authorizing it and allowing it to be synced.

I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure what somebody told me once before when I asked about this.

The problem with windows media player is that it likes WMA and the bionic doesn't (see link in my post above). Plus I didn't care for how bloated WMP 11 is, and tries to do all-in-one during sync.

Anyway, I was less then happy when I tried to use my digi copy of Kick Ass and the stupid reg. code had been expired for 6 months already!! Anyway, this led me to search elsewhere and I found DVD Catalyst 4 (not associated w/ them, just a happy customer). This way I can simultaneously rip and convert all my DVDs as I choose then just drag and drop into my bionic. Easy peasy.

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, this led me to search elsewhere and I found DVD Catalyst 4 (not associated w/ them, just a happy customer). This way I can simultaneously rip and convert all my DVDs as I choose then just drag and drop into my bionic. Easy peasy.

I should have said something... But I didn't think about it. I <3 DVD Catalyst 4, and that is what I have been using for the same reasons as you... I hate messing with WMP.

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I was going to post up something about this too..

Transferred Rise of the Planet of the Apes.. force closes when you try to play.

Its a problem with the "Fox Digital Copy II" app. Which is unfortunately ... and obviously still in beta...

Maybe if enough people email them or leave feedback in market it will be fixed quicker?

Kind of a waste of money to buy digital copy and not even be able to watch it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38