Changing Vibrate?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone set to only vibrate. No sounds at all and to vibrate on phone calls and sms only. This works fine, but what I would like to do is be able to set the vibrations to something different than the default. (More or different vibrations for phone than sms and some different vibrations for particular callers.) This was possible on my Blackberry and I am trying to set it up on my Bionic.

Is this possible without a 3rd party app? If it is only available with a 3rd party add, what is the best one to control vibrations?

Thanks.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. On my BB Storm2 I had different numbers and lengths of vibrations depending what type of notification I was getting. I NEVER had the sound turned on with my BB. Alas, the Android system has a much poorer stock notification system. I have read where you can used 3rd party apps to accomplish this, but I haven't tried any yet...to me, the vibration is too weak to feel in my shirt pocket to bother.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Storm 2 as well. It's ability to change vibrations was much better, but that is about all that was better.

There must be an answer to this. Someone help!

spew101

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I also would like to have different notifications based on the type of incoming message. Like I want to silence emails in the middle of the night, but keep notifications on for SMS and calls. This was something BB did great. Any apps that can differentiate between a text or email?

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I was finally able to figure out how to do different notifications through the stock apps, so thats possible. I have a different notification for txt, google account 1 email, and google account 2 email. I also downloaded "notification manager lite"

I was able to setup a profile that sets the notification volume to zero after 11:00 pm and then sets it back up at 6:00 AM. You can keep the ringer volume up the entire time. Thats how I got around hearing all the email beeps late at nite.

Hope that helps.

dojohnso

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For SMS, I use SMS Popup (free in the market). It allows you to set a custom vibrate pattern in milliseconds so you can make it long, short, single, multiple, etc. It's pretty handy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech