Glad I didn't wait for the new iPhone

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
gotta admit though, it might (and I say might) be cool to be able to say "iPhone, wake me up tomorrow at 6 am" and have it automatically set an alarm for you at 6am. Kinda cool in a geeky Star Trek way.

That being said, my Bionic is still much faster, sleeker, and better customized than an iPhone ever will be....

and, since I own some Apple stock, and a bunch of dopes are going to buy the new iPhone, I'm happy all around....

:cool:

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
gotta admit though, it might (and I say might) be cool to be able to say "iPhone, wake me up tomorrow at 6 am" and have it automatically set an alarm for you at 6am. Kinda cool in a geeky Star Trek way.:

I'm sorry but can't you already do that with google's voice actions? I say:
- Wake me up in 1 hour
or
- Set alarm at 9am

I abuse the hell out of my voice actions. And I gave it a British accent lol.

Reactions: LDubs

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but can't you already do that with google's voice actions? I say:
- Wake me up in 1 hour
or
- Set alarm at 9am

I abuse the hell out of my voice actions. And I gave it a British accent lol.

oh wowowowowow I didn't know about this... downloading now. Love it! Now I feel even more happy...

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
oh wowowowowow I didn't know about this... downloading now. Love it! Now I feel even more happy...

lol, well you shouldn't have to download anything (unless you want to change the voice - which you should). Just hold the magnifying glass button to bring up voice actions.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just discovered that Alarm Clock Plus works with google voice actions. pretty cool! voice action will NOT work with the basic alarm clock included with the OS.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
lol, well you shouldn't have to download anything (unless you want to change the voice - which you should). Just hold the magnifying glass button to bring up voice actions.

oh. What's the app "Voice Actions" do then?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

?? All I know about is Google Voice Search. (and of course, there is the Nuance application, that prompts you with "Please Say a Command", but that isn't going to do the sorts of things we are discussing here). "Voice Commands" shortcut is actually to the application by Nuance. Google voice search is "Voice Search".

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Voice search - this is the thing that comes up when you press the search button located next to the google search bar. I use this mainly for searching the web.

Voice actions - this is where you can tell your phone do to stuff like set the alarm clock. If you bring up voice actions and press help, it gives you examples of the things you can tell it to do.

Both apps are already on your phone.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Voice search - this is the thing that comes up when you press the search button located next to the google search bar. I use this mainly for searching the web.

Voice actions - this is where you can tell your phone do to stuff like set the alarm clock. If you bring up voice actions and press help, it gives you examples of the things you can tell it to do.

Both apps are already on your phone.

ah, roy? Voice Search (google app) is what lets u set the alarm clock.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Android is advancing MUCH faster than apple. Lets see apple push out a quad core mobile device.

Only thing they have done in the last few years is re badge the same phone about 4 times now and call it new.

I can't blame them for being so careful, the Iphone 4 is a very nice phone and easy to use for the average consumer. Having said that, I already own a Ipad 2 and, it gets weird having both devices that are so similar, except for the size.

There are a lot of things I like about the Bionic. It's very fast and Motorola did a good job on the software skin they put over it. It's really smooth and, doesn't bog down much at all. I like it much better than HTC sense.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
hehe! why, of COURSE I am, Cory! You know ME! :) I'm happy that Apple did their usual--put out a slightly upgraded phone and then act as if it's the second coming of Jesus Christ. They turn my stomach.

I hate a lot of Apple fanboys...they do kind of believe they are so holier than thou because they have an Apple product. And then they don't accept that there is better stuff out there.
My teacher tried to convince me today that Siri was so much more amazing that Google Voice Search. I told him "Well Android has had all the features we're talking about Apple is adding" and he's like "It's not like this." Why? Becuase Apple made it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My teacher tried to convince me today that Siri was so much more amazing that Google Voice Search. I told him "Well Android has had all the features we're talking about Apple is adding" and he's like "It's not like this." Why? Becuase Apple made it.

Forgive my devil's advocacy - I have used voice actions on Android a total of once, just to see that t worked; I have no interest in talking to my phone to control it in public - is there an Android voice action product that, after trying to make an appointment with somebody at 10 am, tells you that you already have an appointment at 10 am, asks what you want to do, and allows you to say to make it at noon then?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my devil's advocacy - I have used voice actions on Android a total of once, just to see that t worked; I have no interest in talking to my phone to control it in public - is there an Android voice action product that, after trying to make an appointment with somebody at 10 am, tells you that you already have an appointment at 10 am, asks what you want to do, and allows you to say to make it at noon then?

Is there an iphone app that tells you you're holding it wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37