1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Won a Droid Bionic but just bought a Charge

So i've come into a little bit of a predicament. I just found out i've won a brand new droid bionic and i should be receiving it in a few weeks but i just bought the droid charge in June and have it rooted and personalized just the way i like it with the apps i want. And personally i have no problems with the charge except for the glitches and non-gingerbread but it doesnt bother me that much. But my question is should i opt to sell the charge or the bionic? i've read about the bionic and i see there are many faults as with the camera and the death screen. compared to the charge.. and in my predicament.. what would you do?

Default Re: Won a Droid Bionic but just bought a Charge

What a good problem to have!

My thoughts are below. But if you truly have a few weeks until you get the phone, I'm sure there will be a lot more which has been discovered and/or solved by then...

I traded in my Charge for the Bionic at Costco. Don't regret it.

Charge had a nicer screen, but not visible in daylight. I also did not feel it was anywhere near as customizable as the Bionic is. I can't think of anything I haven't been able to tailor to my liking on the Bionic. It may take an app or a deeply hidden setting somewhere, but it all seems to be available, and I have not even rooted. Those options may have been there somewhere with the Charge, but they just seem to be more deeply thought out on the Bionic.

Yes, the camera is not that great, and the screen is not as impressive when you show it off to your friends indoors. But I'll take those negatives in exchange for a much more stable 4G connection, a GPS unit which actually works indoors, bluetooth which reliably reconnects with my car, speakers and vibration that I can actually detect from my pocket, a screen I can see in sunlight, tweaked battery life which outdoes the Charge, and the flexibility mentioned above.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I won one too! I have a Droid Incredible 2, which I'm keeping as a backup.

Oh yeah, if you won it from the Motorola Blitz thingy, it won't be shipped for 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by prizeferret View Post
    What a good problem to have!

My thoughts are below. But if you truly have a few weeks until you get the phone, I'm sure there will be a lot more which has been discovered and/or solved by then...

I traded in my Charge for the Bionic at Costco. Don't regret it.

Charge had a nicer screen, but not visible in daylight. I also did not feel it was anywhere near as customizable as the Bionic is. I can't think of anything I haven't been able to tailor to my liking on the Bionic. It may take an app or a deeply hidden setting somewhere, but it all seems to be available, and I have not even rooted. Those options may have been there somewhere with the Charge, but they just seem to be more deeply thought out on the Bionic.

Yes, the camera is not that great, and the screen is not as impressive when you show it off to your friends indoors. But I'll take those negatives in exchange for a much more stable 4G connection, a GPS unit which actually works indoors, bluetooth which reliably reconnects with my car, speakers and vibration that I can actually detect from my pocket, a screen I can see in sunlight, tweaked battery life which outdoes the Charge, and the flexibility mentioned above.
    Camera is great! The stock software for the camera is the problem, try using camera zoom fx. You will see a huge difference.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Since you've experienced Super AMOLED + display, you won't like Bionic's Pentile.

Quote Originally Posted by mngdew View Post
    Since you've experienced Super AMOLED + display, you won't like Bionic's Pentile.
    Unless the sun happens to be shining. Which happens every once in a while.

I upgraded from the Charge to the Bionic and I don't regret it for a second. Was rooted with GummyCharged. Bionic seems snappier, feels better in hand and I actually prefer the pentile screen over the S Amoled.
    Absolutely loving the Bionic, currently have it rooted, I couldn't keep it stock. But stock it seems a lot faster. I have noticed I was lucky to get through 3/4 of the day on the Charge using it moderately. I can get through an entire day on the Bionic with the same use and no battery tweaks.

That's just me, YMMV, see what you think when you have both in hand

I had a charge before coming to the Bionic and the wait was worth it. The only reason I even had the charge was due to a VZ CSR putting the fear of god into me about loosing my unlimited data. The charge just felt sluggish and I always found myself trying to manage the 328MB of ram. Oh and for that "screen" that the charge had. I have said it before that it was a overblown/oversaturated piece. If the saturation was able to be adjusted then yeah it would have been ok but it looked like they took all of the bizzare colors out of those 100+ boxes of crayons no one uses and made them the native screen colors. Best decision I ever made was to return it.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

If you decide to keep the Bionic, let me know as I might buy the Charge if you're not returning it or wanting to keep it. My gf has the Fascinate and she's been wanting the Charge. It would be a nice birthday gift for her.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

thank everyone for the enquiries. i guess ill just have to see for myself when it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravozero View Post
    If you decide to keep the Bionic, let me know as I might buy the Charge if you're not returning it or wanting to keep it. My gf has the Fascinate and she's been wanting the Charge. It would be a nice birthday gift for her.
    i'll keep you updated on the situation but i dont expect the bionic to arrive till the end of the month but if i end up liking the bionic im definitely interested in selling the charge.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

I would use both and see which one you like better. You should be able to swap out the SIM card to swap phones.

Sell the one you don't like on Craigs List or Ebay.

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You have a chance to make some money with a brand new phone in the bionic. If it were me I'd sell that bionic. You will get more money for a new bionic than a used charge. But hey you do what you want. Im sure whatever you do will benefit you.