HDMI cord

Ontonyx

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
What cords have you guys gone with for a micro HDMI cord for your bionic? I have been looking around but have found mixed reviews on a lot of the cables..anyone have one that works?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Go to monoprice.com less than $5 each. I ordered 2. They work great. (it was another couple of bucks for shipping)

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ordered this. $10.06 with shipping.
Will arrive on Thurs. I will post a report when I test it.

15ft 34AWG Standard Speed w/ Ethernet Micro-HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Adapter Cable w/Ferrite Core - Black

So, it appears that 15 feet may be too long for the little Bionic to push an HDMI signal. The HDMI has trouble connecting and keeping connection, and when it does, there are many audio and visual "pops" in the signal.

Has anyone had success with a 10 foot cable? I was hoping for the 15 footer, since that would easily cover the distance to most TVs while keeping the Bionic in arms reach, but it doesn't look like that is possible. :(

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So, it appears that 15 feet may be too long for the little Bionic to push an HDMI signal. The HDMI has trouble connecting and keeping connection, and when it does, there are many audio and visual "pops" in the signal.

Has anyone had success with a 10 foot cable? I was hoping for the 15 footer, since that would easily cover the distance to most TVs while keeping the Bionic in arms reach, but it doesn't look like that is possible. :(

Buy the HD Dock. Wireless Mouse and Keyboard = AWESOME!

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I am also curious to know.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious to know.

Tried a 10' HDMI cable with good reviews on amazon and it did not work. It just said "format not supported". I tried a 3' one and that worked fine. It's possible it could be a defective cable, but I'm going to just go with a shorter one.

Last edited:

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
OK. So I went to Best Buy and plunked down $70 on their Rocketfish 8-foot micro HDMI to HDMI cable, for testing purposes.

The 8-ft Rocketfish cable works without a hitch.

So, we now know that a quality cable at 8' should work just fine for video and audio out.

So, I'll be returning the RipoffFish cable soon, and I just placed an order for This 10-foot cable from Monoprice, and we shall see if that works out as well as the 8-foot did.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
OK. So I went to Best Buy and plunked down $70 on their Rocketfish 8-foot micro HDMI to HDMI cable, for testing purposes.

The 8-ft Rocketfish cable works without a hitch.

So, we now know that a quality cable at 8' should work just fine for video and audio out.

So, I'll be returning the RipoffFish cable soon, and I just placed an order for This 10-foot cable from Monoprice, and we shall see if that works out as well as the 8-foot did.

The 10' cable from Monoprice showed up and works perfectly.