"Loss of Service" and "Verizon Wireless" sounds - can't turn off

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had activated with some settings that causes "Loss of Service" and "Verizon Wireless" to scream at me all the time. I believe these were Settings -- Sound Settings -- Call Connect and Network Lost Tone.

This also causes "Verizon Wireless" before each incoming call...

Once they really started annoying me, I tried to deactivate them, and they won't turn off. I also get "Verizon Wireless" every time I power-cycle the phone. Must be another setting I had turned on and tried to turn off about SD setup or something.

Anyway, I've tried pulling the battery and power cycling the phone a few times, and they STILL won't go away.

VZW tech support thinks I should do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, they can send me a replacement.

Anyone else seen this before, before I go down this dreaded path? Really don't want to do this, I am pretty sure I just got my settings/screens/widgets etc the way I want them.

Thanks in advance.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Loss of Service" and "Verizon Wireless" sounds - can't turn

interesting. been all thru the settings and don't see anything that would do that.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't know either but I'd try a factory reset before getting a refurbished phone.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is related, but whenever I answer an incoming call, the speaker phone turns on by itself.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Droid Bionic

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this is related, but whenever I answer an incoming call, the speaker phone turns on by itself.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Droid Bionic

want to swap phones? :) I wish mine did that? the last phone I've owned that would stay on speaker phone mode was an LG8300, which was several years ago. I miss that feature.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
interesting. been all thru the settings and don't see anything that would do that.

I believe its "call connect" and "network lost tone" under sounds. They're unchecked but still make the sounds. Very annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GEverest

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
It was not happening to me for several months (or even years) until recently - last month or two. Now I can't turn it off. I went to a VZ store and, after much poking around on the web, they asked if I had recently downloaded an update to the Android OS. I presume that is automatic but I told them I think so. They concluded that it must have been a change to the functionality of the latest version of Android and that it appeared that I cannot turn it off. In addition, I had to do a factory reset to solve some other "unsolvable" problems with my phone. It is really annoying. I get a very poor signal in my house so the phone is "talking" to me a lot. I don't need to hear it. If I try to make a call and have loss of service, I find out pretty fast. I don't need the phone to tell me that. Of course, perhaps they could get me a better signal but we have been through that before, with technicians actually coming to my house... no improvement.
Please, Please, Please Google, give us the ability to turn off that annoying notice "loss of service."

Quang Li

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
i am having the same exact problem. i do get great signal usually, but the phone lets me know when i dont, like in large metal buildings. came here to look for answers but i guess factory reset is the only thing...misery loves company i guess....

David Whiting1

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I had activated with some settings that causes "Loss of Service" and "Verizon Wireless" to scream at me all the time. I believe these were Settings -- Sound Settings -- Call Connect and Network Lost Tone.

This also causes "Verizon Wireless" before each incoming call...

Once they really started annoying me, I tried to deactivate them, and they won't turn off. I also get "Verizon Wireless" every time I power-cycle the phone. Must be another setting I had turned on and tried to turn off about SD setup or something.

Anyway, I've tried pulling the battery and power cycling the phone a few times, and they STILL won't go away.

VZW tech support thinks I should do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, they can send me a replacement.

Anyone else seen this before, before I go down this dreaded path? Really don't want to do this, I am pretty sure I just got my settings/screens/widgets etc the way I want them.

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey