Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications Differentiator

Anyone know of an app that allows you to customize the ringtones or vibrations for the different types of notifications.

I want to be able to leave my ringer on for calls and text, but be silent for emails and all other types of notifications. I was able to customize each type of notification on my BB, but it seems like the Bionic lumps all the various notifications together as one so you cant differentiate between them.

Default Re: Notifications Differentiator

Actually, it's the exact opposite. I have a BB for work purposes and you can set up your notifications all from one place. The Bionic (and most, if not all, Android devices) force you to go into each application and set up your notifications there. The good news is that, while tedious, it's possible to achieve what you need.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I dont think that true at all. My storm 2 allowed me customize a mode that I could set up different vibrates/ring voume for MMS, SMS, Email, Gmal, BBM, Fcebook, etc. Each of those had a different type of vibrate.

I even had to download an app on the Bionic to set up different profiles thats adjusted the ringer volume so I could make a profile for work (Vibrate only), for overnights (Silence everything except ringer), and what ever else I wanted.

I do see some apps have the ability to turn notifications on or off (Like Weatherbug), but in no way can you adjust how the notification comes in.

What app did u download?

I went into settings> sounds > then individually, change notifications, phone ringtone, media, roaming. I use Handcent for SMS and there I went into settings > application settings > notification settings > customize > notification sound.

You can do that for most all your apps that you want to customize your sounds.