get rid of mobile sites?

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to change any settings to not have mobile sites show up on the Bionic? I had a setting on my OG Droid which was rooted, but my Bionic is stock, and I didn't see any settings. Mobile sites suck for the most part, and I would rather just load up a full site.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Type about:debug into the url bar on your browser and enter. Then check your settings. There will be additional settings. One allows you to identify your mobile browser as a desktop browser.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If you use Dolphin as your browser, it has a standard option to decide what kind of "browser agent" you want to be.

I was surprised at how easy it was to switch it and make all sites think I'm a desktop.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change this on a per site basis or when I want to?

Sometimes I want to use the mobile site and sometimes I want to use the full version. Isn't there some way to choose?

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change this on a per site basis or when I want to?
In Dolphin, it's a quick setting switch. But I don't think you can automate it "per site".

However.... I did just test it, and if you put in "m.yahoo.com" you'll get the mobile site as normal for a Droid. But if you put in www.yahoo.com, you'll get the full desktop site.

So, it would be as easy as using the desktop agent as default, and just creating a bookmark for the mobile site, instead of the full one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams