Nexus prime/galaxy

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I didn't wait also. The last Nexus phone I had made by samsung (nexus s) didn't have any nice accessories that I knew of. One of the things I enjoy about the bionic, is all the neat accessories. The car dock is awesome.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If it is better than the Bionic I will just have to buy it.

I'm glad I didn't wait also. The last Nexus phone I had made by samsung (nexus s) didn't have any nice accessories that I knew of. One of the things I enjoy about the bionic, is all the neat accessories. The car dock is awesome.

The reason for that it the Nexus S released on Tmobile wasn't wildly adopted. When a top tier phone on VZW is released the 3rd parties take notice as the user base is much wider.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie.. while I absolutely do love my bionic I am very very intrigued by the galaxy nexus.. Will see how I feel about it Tuesday when its revealed with full specs and all. Then I'll wait for reviews to come out once its released as well as check the forums for it and see users' impressions. Big things I'll be looking at are probably battery life and radio quality (think it will be DAMN hard to top moto's radios), as I think the bionic did superb in these categories and will be hard to top. If that stuff is at least on par with bionic and everything else sounds juicy enough, there is a chance I will look to sell my bionic so I can get it. I also love the idea of a nexus device that you'll never have to worry about getting new updates on since they come to it first.

But to reiterate, I do love my bionic so I'm not going to lose any sleep if I am stuck with it for a long time.

rockstar323

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Droid Life is almost certain that it is running a 4430 clocked at 1.2 since the 4460 is delayed and is supposed to run at 1.5. So same model processor. It doesn't have an SD card slot. Last but not least it may be pretty but Samsung can't make Moto's build quality. Everyone I know that had a Charge or Fascinate has had all kinds of issues with them. Verizon switched out all the Fascinates on my work's account to Charges for free and then all the Charge's to Bionics for free because of issues. Personally I dont think they can make a quality product.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Droid Life is almost certain that it is running a 4430 clocked at 1.2 since the 4460 is delayed and is supposed to run at 1.5. So same model processor. It doesn't have an SD card slot. Last but not least it may be pretty but Samsung can't make Moto's build quality. Everyone I know that had a Charge or Fascinate has had all kinds of issues with them. Verizon switched out all the Fascinates on my work's account to Charges for free and then all the Charge's to Bionics for free because of issues. Personally I dont think they can make a quality product.

How about the SGS2 which everyone and their mother seems to adore and think is the awesomest phone ever? Lol, not going for an argument, just saying I would wait until the reviews are out and people who get it sound off in the forums. Samsung does make some quality products.

Additionally the processor hasn't been confirmed and I would take EVERYTHING DroidLife claims with a huge grain of salt. Not a fan of they're reporting standards and practices nor of the editorial spin they put on everything they publish as fact (which, btw, is like almost every rumor they hear).

Again, no arguments. I'll certainly be paying attention to see what develops.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If it is better than the Bionic I will just have to buy it.

The reason for that it the Nexus S released on Tmobile wasn't wildly adopted. When a top tier phone on VZW is released the 3rd parties take notice as the user base is much wider.

I hope your right. I got the Nexus 1 not long after it launched when it was on Tmobile. Eventually it had a car and desktop dock. When I got the Nexus S it had nothing. I agree, being on Verizon will probably help.

Anyway. I've already bought a bunch of accessories for the Bionic and, I really like the phone. The Nexus phone will no doubt be a better phone but, I'll probably stick with the Bionic.

The main advantages I think for the Nexus phone will be the screen and, being pure Google with ICS.

Reactions: trailblazen

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee I won't be getting a Nexus. I also guarantee that a better phone will subsequently be released. I also guarantee that a better phone will be released after the phone that's better than than the Nexus is released. Do you see where I'm going with this line of reasoning?

Reactions: jroc

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee I won't be getting a Nexus. I also guarantee that a better phone will subsequently be released. I also guarantee that a better phone will be released after the phone that's better than than the Nexus is released. Do you see where I'm going with this line of reasoning?

Agreed but you can't deny that ics is exciting...plus the phone looks damn sexy...from the side at least

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed but you can't deny that ics is exciting...plus the phone looks damn sexy...from the side at least

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm pretty confident it will be an awesome phone, but that's not tantamount to me dumping my Bionic, any more than I'd dump my wife because I notice a pretty woman now and then.

Reactions: jroc and cjsmoove

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
With ther Bionic getting ICS as well.......What will be the MAJOR difference? The Bionc is pretty freaking fast and I belive the Nexus will have the same size battery so I can already see the my Nexus only last 4 hours threads in addtition to the tweaks it will need, just like the Bionic:cool:.
The Bionic will be a top 5 phone for at least 1 year so speaking for myself I'm going to wait until my 2 years is up and get T.H.E N.E.X.T B.E.S.T T.H.I.N.G....:cool:

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Nexus will NOT be on a 4430. It will be the 4460, with an outside shot at the new Exynos. Engadget/GSM also think the battery will be 2000+ mah.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
With ther Bionic getting ICS as well.......What will be the MAJOR difference? The Bionc is pretty freaking fast and I belive the Nexus will have the same size battery so I can already see the my Nexus only last 4 hours threads in addtition to the tweaks it will need, just like the Bionic:cool:.
The Bionic will be a top 5 phone for at least 1 year so speaking for myself I'm going to wait until my 2 years is up and get T.H.E N.E.X.T B.E.S.T T.H.I.N.G....:cool:

isn't it conceivable that ICS will SLOW THE PHONE DOWN, just like some versions of the Jesus-phone OS had done? "NEW" doesn't necessarily mean FASTER--generally speaking, newer OS's means MORE FEATURES. If I never get ICS, I don't think I'm going to be crying my eyes out.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
isn't it conceivable that ICS will SLOW THE PHONE DOWN, just like some versions of the Jesus-phone OS had done? "NEW" doesn't necessarily mean FASTER--generally speaking, newer OS's means MORE FEATURES. If I never get ICS, I don't think I'm going to be crying my eyes out.

Google confirmed that they're going to have hardware acceleration in the OS. Meaning that ICS will actually use the hardware on the Bionic (or Nexus Prime) instead of just sipping on the power lol. There's more power in the phone than Gingerbread can unlock, and also ICS is just a big streamlined update. Look back at all the newest updates to Android....they're all faster than the last. Why would Google change that now? Anyways...the Bionic won't be slowed down by any new features that would be slower, it really can't be slowed down by anything, the hardware is too powerful. I'm very interested in the newest version of Android, and I'm hoping we'll be one of the first non-Nexus phone to be getting the update.

And also...I won't drop my Bionic for a Nexus. I already waited all year for this phone, why would I switch now? Motorola has always been my favorite phone manufacturer, I'll stick with them. They update their phones much quicker than any other manufacturer, and even the pure Google experience has bugs. It's not their hardware. And I'm not sure, but is Google the one that fixes those, or do they leave that to the manufacturer?
And also as soon as you drop the Bionic and get a Nexus you'll want a quad core phone, then some other crazy stuff. Stick with what you got, and get the next best thing in 20 months. That's what I'm doing. The Nexus Prime and Droid Bionic will be almost exactly the same as soon as both of them are running the same software. Except for that battery sucking HD screen, the absence of hardware (capacitive) buttons, maybe a bigger battery, and Samsung is making the Prime. I'll buy a Nexus when Motorola makes one.

Reactions: 1812dave

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes yes yes... everyone wants to go to the "Theres always something better coming out in a few months" argument. And its very true. I'm happy with my bionic. I'm also a tech nerd and having now had a couple weeks with android and loving it, my nerd juices are oozing at the thought of the NEWER version, and also at having a device that will always be updated with new-ness. That excites me. Doesn't have to be a big deal to everyone else.

There's some things that have been starting to get to me regarding the bionic. Mostly minor bugs, granted, but things like the vanishing apps and pretty crap camera software and data switching weirdness at times, are pretty annoying. I know, every phone is gonna have some bugs that ARE fixable and the nexus will be no different. Additionally Moto's radios, as I've said, I believe will be impossible to top, and that is going to be a huge detraction from me wanting to switch.

All in all its just as I said earlier, I'm going to be paying close attention to the reviews and everything about the nexus and if I think its worthy to my nerdy genes to grab it, and if I can get a good price for my Bionic and not have to pay much out of pocket for it, I will consider switching. To each his own though.

BTW... LOL at the guy above who likened it to divorcing your wife every time a new cute young girl walks by.. You're not quite supposed to be stuck with your phone til death do you part. Do you feel everyone should have to patiently wait 2 years to be able to upgrade their wives?! lol :D

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes yes yes... everyone wants to go to the "Theres always something better coming out in a few months" argument. And its very true. I'm happy with my bionic. I'm also a tech nerd and having now had a couple weeks with android and loving it, my nerd juices are oozing at the thought of the NEWER version, and also at having a device that will always be updated with new-ness. That excites me. Doesn't have to be a big deal to everyone else.

There's some things that have been starting to get to me regarding the bionic. Mostly minor bugs, granted, but things like the vanishing apps and pretty crap camera software and data switching weirdness at times, are pretty annoying. I know, every phone is gonna have some bugs that ARE fixable and the nexus will be no different. Additionally Moto's radios, as I've said, I believe will be impossible to top, and that is going to be a huge detraction from me wanting to switch.

All in all its just as I said earlier, I'm going to be paying close attention to the reviews and everything about the nexus and if I think its worthy to my nerdy genes to grab it, and if I can get a good price for my Bionic and not have to pay much out of pocket for it, I will consider switching. To each his own though.

BTW... LOL at the guy above who likened it to divorcing your wife every time a new cute young girl walks by.. You're not quite supposed to be stuck with your phone til death do you part. Do you feel everyone should have to patiently wait 2 years to be able to upgrade their wives?! lol :D

wow--did u misunderstand my comments! I was talking about MYSELF--not about youngsters who need to have a new phone every month or two! :) I'm more patient than many on high tech device forums, due to my age and personality. I understand you needing a frequent "fix".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress