Thinking about getting rid of my bionic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I like about this phone it the LTE which still angers me. Before with my HTC Incredible at my work and home I would have 3G no issues. Now at home I have 4Glte which is great, but at work (where I use my phone the most) I can't get any data. Before full bars 3G now one bar no data. In many areas I don't even get 3G with this phone wth?

The camera. It's a joke. I know if I want great pics I'll use my DSLR but if I want a quick snap of my daughter while I'm out at dinner. The focus is slow 5 seconds + then a delay after 15-20 secs have gone by by the time I pulled out my phone and what she was doing is done and then the quality sucks. Not to mention center screen focus what a joke.

HD1080 yeah it's kinda nice but just like the camera many lag issues. Also get a black blip while shooting video and shows up in the video...

I really do like the phone quality and some of the features but the no service can get annoying. What good is having 4G when I can't even get data where before I have full 3G.

I'm open to any tips or tricks to make the org camera better. There's always HDR apps ect but the org camera should be able to function.

/rant

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend giving the vignette app a go (I think there is a free version). Make sure you on on 8MP Normal, Auto flash and steady shot mode. Click and hold on what you wish to focus on, wait for the focusing to finish, release finger. Also, make sure that the lens is clean.

I agree the stock app is not great, particularly to focus but Motorola are rumored to be working on a fix.

I have been really impressed with the camera quality when you follow these directions (I have uploaded some pics in the "post your pics thread". The HDR apps in particular are beautiful, but the vignette photos have also been really nice.

In regard to data problems, it may be a lemon phone or verizon, the 4G on mine has been amazing and consistently on, so a working phone should not have any issues.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the phone itself is bugggy. i've never had a phone that was this bad. not looking forward to 2 years with verizon. the only plus side i've seen is the 3g coverage which is what i need.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the phone itself is bugggy. i've never had a phone that was this bad. not looking forward to 2 years with verizon. the only plus side i've seen is the 3g coverage which is what i need.

Not buggy at all. It has some bugs, but Verizon has released far buggier handsets than this.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm with the OP on this one. I'm not loving this phone so far. I think most of my issues can be addressed from an update though... hopefully.

The camera on this phone is terrible. I'm pretty sure that it's mostly a software thing because Camera Zoom FX actually turns out some decent results.

I'm not in a 4G area yet but my 3G seems to randomly stop working at least once a day. I have to restart the phone to get it working again.

The fact that you can't move your apps to the SD car because of the way it recognizes the internal memory is junk... I mean I know there's still around 4GB to install stuff and that's probably more than I'll ever need but it really freaked me out when I was having apps disappear on me. This is an issue that I'm used to now and not too worried about.

I've had the phone reboot itself on a few occasions out of nowhere... Mostly that happens when the phone is just sitting on the table.

I somewhat feel like I'm being picky but the fact that I had to pay $299 on contract I was hoping there wouldn't be as many issues.

The new Blur Gallery app is TERRIBLE. I hate how it lumps all your image together into one list. I fixed that by downloading QuickPic.

Coming from the Thunderbolt, I really miss the kickstand.

I guess since I've dished out a little hate on the Bionic I should mention things I like too.

I hear a ton of negatives about the screen. I actually like the screen. It does have a little pixelation look going on but it looks great when you're in direct sunlight. Plus this screen seems to be easy on the battery.

The build quality seems good. It feels like a sturdy phone. I like the size and weight of it.

Another thing I hear others complain about on the Bionic is the Battery life. I think this phone has great battery life for what I do with it... but again coming from the Thunderbolt, any phone would feel like it has good battery life.

The external speaker on this thing is super loud. I love it!

If the issues I mentioned get fixed in an update then This phone would be very good in my opinion.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
"The only thing I like about this phone it the LTE which still angers me."

OP... I quit reading your post after your first sentence.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I like about this phone it the LTE which still angers me. Before with my HTC Incredible at my work and home I would have 3G no issues. Now at home I have 4Glte which is great, but at work (where I use my phone the most) I can't get any data. Before full bars 3G now one bar no data. In many areas I don't even get 3G with this phone wth?

The camera. It's a joke. I know if I want great pics I'll use my DSLR but if I want a quick snap of my daughter while I'm out at dinner. The focus is slow 5 seconds + then a delay after 15-20 secs have gone by by the time I pulled out my phone and what she was doing is done and then the quality sucks. Not to mention center screen focus what a joke.

HD1080 yeah it's kinda nice but just like the camera many lag issues. Also get a black blip while shooting video and shows up in the video...

I really do like the phone quality and some of the features but the no service can get annoying. What good is having 4G when I can't even get data where before I have full 3G.

The camera is NOT a joke, Ive taken great pics of my little son ON the football field and the videos of him on offense that I took were great too. As for the 3G/4G issue..do u have wifi at work? Did you check the coverage? At the very least, I know verizon has several patches coming out in November so I'm willing to wait.

I'm open to any tips or tricks to make the org camera better. There's always HDR apps ect but the org camera should be able to function.

/rant