Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone selling their Bionic for the Prime?

I am.

while the Bionic's new UI is pretty good, most would prefer the ability to run stock..

It's sad to say but if stock ICS ran on the Bionic i'd keep it..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Default Re: Anyone selling their Bionic for the Prime?

Nope.....what for?? When the bionic gets ICS they'll basically be in the same ballpark with the exception of the screen which might make the battery an nightmare on it...
    SUCCESS IS MY ONLY OPTION...FAILURE IS NOT !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cjsmoove View Post
    Nope.....what for?? When the bionic gets ICS they'll basically be in the same ballpark with the exception of the screen which might make the battery an nightmare on it...
    Stock ICS. How much is Motorola going to remove/tweak? and how long is it going to take for them to release ICS for the Bionic? 6-9 months?

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stock ICS

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I think anyone with a bionic would be wise to wait and see how the prime is reviewed, forum users' impressions / complaints, etc before committing to sell the bionic for it. That's my plan at least. Bionic is still going to likely win out in radio quality and battery life, IMO. Also its been rooted and you will soon be able to run custom roms and junk that will make up the difference, I believe. Just food for thought.. You have a great phone, be sure before you scramble for the next big thing..

Personally I find the "stock" argument to be overdone, what do you really NEED to do that you can't on the Bionic?

Blur has been toned way down, and I hardly find it gets in the way anymore.

And no, I no plan to get a Prime for the time being. I just don't see a truly compelling reason yet.

Most likely no. I am sure the bionic will get ICS, I am also sure I would just put a new launcher over it anyway. As for horsepower, I am fine with what the bionic is packing and by the time that its not good enough, something better than the prime will be out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Not selling my Bionic but definitely getting the Prime too

I have to agree with most of the above posts. Other than feeling compelled to have the "latest" I can find no justification for upgrading (theoretically, anyway) to a newer device. That is, unless you plan to upgrade every six months. That would be akin to new, iPhone 4 users opting for the 4S. Why?

Besides the fact that I am simply not that impressed with the SAMOLED display...over saturated, definite green tint and hard to view in sunlight...fakery all the way around. Finally, I will wait for the Suzy to settle and read reviews and see how others experience it first. I am in no rush, I am still enjoying my Bionic!
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (but not for long) or Acer Iconia A500
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

For some reason, the Motorola UI just does not feel as snappy as stock.

plus, the contact charging.. ooooo

I have scratches all around my microUSB port from wiggling my phone to get into the dock.. =(

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    Not selling my Bionic but definitely getting the Prime too

= BALLIN !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    For some reason, the Motorola UI just does not feel as snappy as stock.

plus, the contact charging.. ooooo

I have scratches all around my microUSB port from wiggling my phone to get into the dock.. =(

Turn the light on son.....lol.....

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    I think anyone with a bionic would be wise to wait and see how the prime is reviewed, forum users' impressions / complaints, etc before committing to sell the bionic for it. That's my plan at least. Bionic is still going to likely win out in radio quality and battery life, IMO. Also its been rooted and you will soon be able to run custom roms and junk that will make up the difference, I believe. Just food for thought.. You have a great phone, be sure before you scramble for the next big thing..
    Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JtothaR View Post
    Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James
    Better signal and GPS than my old charge and inc 2

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

I'm selling my bionic for either the Prime or iPhone 4s. Depending on when the prime is released..

No

Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Quote Originally Posted by cjsmoove View Post
    = BALLIN !!!!
    I have the Bionic and a 4G Xoom. Is that "BALLIN"?

Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Not sure what your definition of a "real user" is, so I may not qualify, but since I have been using mobile devices since the bag phone days, travel all over the US and have had a fair number of different phones, and, I am a human, I am hoping I am a "real user." That being dias, I have had no real issues with my Bionic in terms of signal strength. I have yet to lose a call, get 4G in most, but not all, areas and have no complaints about radio quality. Guess that means I am not real.

Really, Radio quality? All I've heard is complaints about it dropping every single connection. Not trolling, my last three devices have been motos and they've all had $#i+ty
    signal. Now I need to upgrade to a 4g device and I'm really curious what a real user thinks. From what I've heard since launch, it's not even making my list of possibilities. Even VZW store reps have confirmed for me that it has lots of issues.

-James
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

No way - love the Bionic and actually like the version of Blur it comes with.

As far as I'm concerned it couldn't be faster and I get a very good signal.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mylasthope View Post
    Better signal and GPS than my old charge and inc 2

But are you getting lots of drops still?

My current droid 3 drops less than once per day which is the best that I've experienced so far.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyPlus View Post
    Not sure what your definition of a "real user" is, so I may not qualify, but since I have been using mobile devices since the bag phone days, travel all over the US and have had a fair number of different phones, and, I am a human, I am hoping I am a "real user." That being dias, I have had no real issues with my Bionic in terms of signal strength. I have yet to lose a call, get 4G in most, but not all, areas and have no complaints about radio quality. Guess that means I am not real.
    I've just become cynical about these phones cause of lots of bad experiences with moto since gingerbread was released, but your type of response is exactly what I was hoping for, someone with experience, not rumors. This thread might just be a case of “those who are angry shout the loudest”/silent majority.

Thanks,
    -James

Oh, and no need to take offense at someone questioning the greatness of your device, lol. I base buying decisions on fact not emotion and my phone isn't the same thing as my child, to me anyway, I know some don't agree with me on this and they're entitled to their opinions too.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

-James
    Yes. The radio used for calls is superb, as Moto is usually head of the class in this department. Haven't heard such clear voice calls in a long time, Honestly.

The data radios are actually really, really good too. The 4G antenna that Moto designed themselves for this phone gets excellent when you are in range and doesn't murder your battery at all, from my month of experience. The past 2-3 weeks I haven't even used wifi because I'm in a good 4G area and it doesn't hurt my battery life AT ALL.

Now, there IS an issue with switching between the antennas where some people, and myself included to be fair a few times, have seemed to lose data signal. It appears to correct itself if you toggle airplane mode on/off real quick. Yes, its a bug, but its a software bug, not a hardware bug, and Moto has admitted it exists and will be fixed in the upcoming OTA update. Also some testers who are already working with the update have confirmed that this as well as some other bugs with the phone have been cleared up.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Not selling mine, just giving it to my wife. It's a really nice phone and she's excited for a big screen (she's on a 32gb I*hone). I'm excited for the Nexus though, and can't pass it up.

On a related note, it looks like the first OTA update will cure about 99% of the bionic's bugs.

I will be driving 450 miles on Sunday and spending a week in some rather remote areas. If ever there was a test of radio capability, this will be one. I will be happy to Royer my resultd, maybe even from the remote hills of the Appallachians!

Keeping both to swap between OJ random days... just a sim change to active. >=)

rooted, debloated, UNL3ASH3D and now unthrottled! >=)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast