anyone know how to turn off the notification sound?

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
it's the default sound for email. i had no problem turning off on my aol email. had to research to turn off for gmail. but now the damn thing plays on it's own. for no appareant reason.

sometimes it's quiet for a few hours. but then it just kicks in about every 15 minutes. after a couple of hours it quits. a few hours later it kicks in again.

it's getting annoying. didn't do it when it was set for email. but i din't need no sound for email. i can look at the screen. so now it's shut off. but it insists on just ringing.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it ringing to notify you of a text message, calendar reminder, etc...? When the notification goes off, what appears in the notification bar?

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
it's the default notification sound. i've changed the text sound. and shut off the email sound. but the damn thing still rings. for no reason.

there are no notifications. it just rings. it's gotten to the point that now i turn the volume off to vibrate. just so i don't keep hearing the damn thing. i wanna sleep. not hear the phone.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I also notice the notification sound will occur without any notifications appearing in the pull-down. I'm thinking some internal activities trigger the notification. Haven't figured out what, as yet. But I hear it too. Not as much as what you are saying, though. I have the notification sound turned down pretty low, so it doesn't get annoying.

You might consider downloading the free Audio Manager widget from Market. It puts a digital-type pix on the screen showing the level of all sound adjustments. Tap the widget and you get six sliders that control all sound levels, including "System" - the master sound level - that isn't available in the stock settings. The other settings are Alarm, Media, Alerts, Ringer and Voice Call.

polarbeart

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an SGS II X and I get the same damn thing since updating to ICS. I have changed my SMS and Gmail notifications to silent, but there is no option to do that with the native e-mail app. It is painful to have the thing pinging all day long at work when I get incoming e-mails and I can't turn it off.
Does the audio control app work for this when it is ICS?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it might be the default notification sound... Settings, sounds, notifications

Sent using my MoPho-King photon