Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Workaround for Bluetooth Headphones with FM Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Vikas Patil2 View Post
    I want to stream FM radio from my android phone to a bluetooth speaker.
    Just update the moto g radio app. The updated version has a extra feature for bluetooth.....HAPPY DAYS.

Downloaded myTuner Radio app from google playstore and it has a share function which I used to connect to my bluedio earphones. Need to remove pairing with my Sony Ultra first and then discover the bluetooth set using the radio app. Enjoying my radio over bluetooth now.

Quote Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
    I'm new to the Bionic. Actually, it's in the mail to be delivered today. Forgive me for asking noob questions, but;
    1. Does the Bionic have an FM radio?
    2. Or, do you just download an app to make it work as an FM radio?
    3. Or, would I need to buy some accessory?

Cool Re: Workaround for Bluetooth Headphones with FM Radio?

A MILLION YEARS to late.. BUT

Here you go.
    This might be what you are looking for

Google this:
    BTFM Radio

For those narrow minded people, here are some fun facts... The wire from the headset acts as an antenna. You can cut the HEADSET cord four inches from the jack male end. This will be the antenna. Now you can listen to the radio / news / PBS, whatever FM station you chose over the speaker.
    Freedom without dictatorship, allows you to choose. However we need to know how to use BLUETOOTH with the FM radio.

The headset wire only acts as an antenna. You can clip the headsets off, and listen via speaker. However we want to know how to make the Bluetooth work. Yes you can use the FM without a headset.

Tim,
    I climbed the mountain and will help you resolving that problem.
    1. Find an old pair of headphones, which 3.5 mm jack and cable are not damaged. Your relatives and friends can help you here.
    2. Cut the cable in order to keep about 9 inches from the tip of jack. It has to be a clean cut: don't use dulled scissors or pliers.
    3. Ensure that your Bluetooth headset is indeed wirelessly connected to your cell phone.
    4. Connect the jack of the small cable that you have made into the cell phone. This will serve as your antenna.
    5. Go to YouTube. Since Bluetooth is connected, a small icon does appear on the red band of the applications. This tells YouTube to switch audio to your wireless headset.
    6. Now... The moment of truth: open your broadcast FM radio application and go to a station of your choosing. Ensure that the volume is not on silent or mute.
    7. It worked for me. I have broadcast FM radio, with a home made antenna, which outputs to my wireless headphones. It should work for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12