Badges on homescreen icons?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
so far, the only place I've seen email counts (badges) is within the messaging app. the icons within Messaging show unread messages, but the same icons on the home screen never do. is that not going to happen, with the current version of Android?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I miss that, too. But I'm assuming the notification panel is supposed to replace number tags (???) However, there's no mumber with the email icon in the notification bar - you have to check the panel to see how many there are. Oh well, guess it's just getting used to a different way to do things. I'm grateful for the notification light (having jumped ship 4 months into iPhoneLand). Glad to be back.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Dave, there are THREE email icons on the Bionic...Gmail, Email, and one I just realized, Messaging, that has BOTH Text Messaging & my Comcast email (It also has a Universal Inbox listed as well). I just noticed that if I look in the Messenging icon, it does show the number of messages waiting for me. I can go in there and read them and as I delelte them, the number on the outside decreases. Yes, we still have to click on the Messaging Icon, but before you open the box, you can see a number. I may switch that to my Home screen as it would free up an extra space by eliminating the Email & Text Messaging Icons.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Dave, there are THREE email icons on the Bionic...Gmail, Email, and one I just realized, Messaging, that has BOTH Text Messaging & my Comcast email (It also has a Universal Inbox listed as well). I just noticed that if I look in the Messenging icon, it does show the number of messages waiting for me. I can go in there and read them and as I delelte them, the number on the outside decreases. Yes, we still have to click on the Messaging Icon, but before you open the box, you can see a number. I may switch that to my Home screen as it would free up an extra space by eliminating the Email & Text Messaging Icons.

right--I know. But I would like to see unread message counts right on the home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair