4g widget-please vote

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I know there is the LTE switch app, but I'd really like an actual widget for the LTE radio, and I wouldn't mind paying for it. I found the following voting page over at the Beautiful Widgets developer site:

4g

If you're also interested in this widget, please help vote for the widget to get it some popularity so that they'll implement it. You can place up to 3 votes per email address. Thanks...

Reactions: mbentley3

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow what a difference a day makes. It went from 50th ranked to 16th in one day! Let's keep it up. Thanks to everyone who voted so far.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone here think that ICS may allow you to setup profiles to do this? Example, when I remove from car dock stop GPS, Turn off nav., turn off blue tooth, pause podcast, turn off screen, turn off 4G, adjust sync frequency etc. I found it a pain turn off what I don't need and the turn it all back on and often forget. I get in and out of the car alot and this would help me alot.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL! That's hilarious when I picture it. I feel for ya' I do much the same!

Does anyone here think that ICS may allow you to setup profiles to do this? Example, when I remove from car dock stop GPS, Turn off nav., turn off blue tooth, pause podcast, turn off screen, turn off 4G, adjust sync frequency etc. I found it a pain turn off what I don't need and the turn it all back on and often forget. I get in and out of the car alot and this would help me alot.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

There is a app called "Settings Profile" that will let you automate turning features on and off upon car docking. I think it costs $2 or $3.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Definitely used 3 on this. Everyone should vote.

EDIT: I'll add this, not to suggest spamming people, but if you have close friends (who are gadget-heads or otherwise), ask them to vote too.

Last edited:

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
There is a widget that works... switches between 4G and no data. Download Widgetsoid from the market, make sure the "data toggle mode" is root toggle (you do not need to root your phone), and add the "Data" widget. I have 4G on 24/7 however because the battery life is excellent... 2d to recharge on extended battery.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
There is a widget that works... switches between 4G and no data. Download Widgetsoid from the market, make sure the "data toggle mode" is root toggle (you do not need to root your phone), and add the "Data" widget. I have 4G on 24/7 however because the battery life is excellent... 2d to recharge on extended battery.

Hmm, I'm confused at what you typed, so I need to double check. You say switch between 4g and no data. If I take this literally, it means a widget that turns data off completely. This is not what I want, I would like a 4g to 3g toggle which is what that voting is for. If what I understood from your post is true, I would ask that you please remove your post so as not to confuse others with the intent of my posting.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I did download widgetsoid, and it does look like a really cool app. However, it does not have a working 3g/4g toggle for the bionic. It will let you turn off all data though. Please continue to vote for the beautiful widgets app update!

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Widgetsoid is nice (I use it) however it does not allow a toggle between the CDMA/LTE and CDMA, which is what a 4G toggle would be.