3G/4G disappearing at top of screen

astella

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am currently rooted, I have Root Explorer and Titanium Backup of which I used them for getting rid of a few unwanted apps. I did not get rid of anything not on the list and followed the instructions and made a folder and just relocated them.

It all worked great. It still does for the most part.

Last night may have been my first problem. At around 11 i was trying to look something up on the internet and the 3g disappeared, disconnecting my data service. I restarted my phone and i was able to get it back...After a short period it was gone again and this time it would not come back...I restarted it but no help...This morning I tried again when I got up and it came back.

Now a couple things to note....My battery was down to 15% and it was set on Nighttime Saver mode in the battery modes. I do see it says it will disconnect my cell data connection after a period of inactivity but I never had it set up any other way and never noticed the 3G disappearing and not letting me back on?

Can anyone help.....has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned? :-\

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
funny thing is my wife didn't lose it with her incredible? I got it back.

It affected only 4G phones, and included a loss of 3G data for them as well. 3G phones like the Incredible were unaffected by the outage. It's kind of technical why this affected 3G on the 4G phones, but that's why your wife's phone was fine.

My phone had data until late last night and it did not come back until late this morning.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too. My bionic currently does not show any 3g or LTE icon, although it does show 4 bars. I am wondering if this is related to the outage?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been having that issue for weeks now. Im also rooted and have apps frozen with TB. Phone operates well but 3g will just drop off. I was able to restart and it came back but eventually would go out again. Airplane mode on then off seems to work also sometimes. As of about 4 hours ago I lost 3g and have not gotten it back since,reboot ,plane mode nothing seems to work.

stuatc

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't get any data right now. Did battery pull and restarts of my Bionic. Guess there are still issues. I'm in Albany, NY area.

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah me too - I got 4g LTE when I was driving through the little slice of 4g on my way to work but no 3g anywhere. I am at work now and we have a repeater/booster for verizon in the building since we have verizon blackberries for work and I am still SOL on 3g. My coworker's droid 2 is connecting fine. Manchester NH area.

For me this has been an ongoing issue where I am constantly having to go into and out of airplane mode or pull the battery or reboot to get my 3g to come alive. I spoke to verizon this morning (2nd time since getting the bionic I called for this issue) and they are now sending me a replacement bionic, hoping that will fix things.

stuatc

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah me too - I got 4g LTE when I was driving through the little slice of 4g on my way to work but no 3g anywhere. I am at work now and we have a repeater/booster for verizon in the building since we have verizon blackberries for work and I am still SOL on 3g. My coworker's droid 2 is connecting fine. Manchester NH area.

For me this has been an ongoing issue where I am constantly having to go into and out of airplane mode or pull the battery or reboot to get my 3g to come alive. I spoke to verizon this morning (2nd time since getting the bionic I called for this issue) and they are now sending me a replacement bionic, hoping that will fix things.

My issue was similar. Only have 3g at my house and couldn't get any data. Once I got to 4g area the data came on. If I switch the setting to 3g only I lose it again. Obviously a 3g outage but 4g I'm here in Albany,NY

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to verizon aparently there is an outage that is only affecting 4 g phones I don't know the particulars but they said it had to do with the 4 g phone trying to find a signal for 4 g and then going back to 3g but unable to acquire 3g. I asked them if turning off the LTE and cdma only on if that would help they told me no.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This is getting old, verizon. AT&T has their call drop and service issues and Verizon is starting to be known for its "data outages".

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
i seem to get this problem daily...the 3g/4g symbol goes away all the time.

if you're getting this problem daily (and not just since this past weekend) you should contact verizon tech support. You might have to call twice but they will probably replace your bionic.

Also make sure to call from another line the first time or have one the can call you back at.

My first call they asked me to pull the battery with the phone on and it resolved 3g that time.

A few weeks later I called back and explained I was having the issue several times a day and having to pull the battery and/or cycle airplane mode to get 3g back. Also said that I work in a building with a repeater and that other people were getting 3g at the same time I could not. Definitely helps to be able to demonstrate that other vzw customers are not having an issue standing next to you when you are having an issue (i.e. my wife's incredible has 3g but not my bionic). Also they want to know that you can make/recieve calls as this demonstrates that the phone has signal even though no 3g is coming through. Rep said that since it was under warranty they would swap it out.

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing similar issues. I am in a 4G covered area and constantly going from 4g to 3g and then to no data at all. Then it comes back and seems to cycle through this again. Happens two or three times a day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue and i live in a 3g area until tomorrow when 4g goes live. I hope that will fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

schaidshaw

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any issues on my Bionic with losing data until Sunday. Ever since the 4g outage i have been losing both 4g and 3g signals periodically each day. When i went into Verizon they told me to put it into airplane mode and then take it out. This sometimes works. This is getting very annoying because i live in a very good service area. Does this sound like a device or service issue?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue daily too. I'll be on 4G surfing the web, and the next second i'll have absolutely no data at all (4G or 3G). I can airplane mode toggle to restore data usually, or I can wait around for like 2-3 mins and data will usually return.

I haven't tried battery pull yet - do I just turn the phone off and pull the battery out / replace it, or is there something more to it?

I really don't want to replace my phone but if it's a defective unit (as opposed to VZW data outages) then I'll have no choice

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife had the same problem. The Verizon tech told us it's because of the Sim card. They said if our old phone was still active at the time the Bionic was getting set up, then I guess the signal doesn't know which phone to go to so it will sometimes drop her Bionic trying to look for her old Droid 2.

So we had the Sim card replaced and now no problems.

Sent using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois