How exactly can I watch HD movies from my Bionic?

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
During CES, I saw a demo of a phone playing Tron in 720p from the phone and displaying on an hdtv, and connected to a surround sound system. I was blown away to learn that all that was being sourced from a phone! At that point I knew that's where the future was headed. No more storage of movies, no more blu-ray players, etc.. Just connect your phone to your TV and bam, portable HD entertainment system.

So I wanted this out of the bionic, but I'm puzzled as to how exactly I can go about doing this. My first stumble was on where I can even download and own HD movie content. Second, I have managed to rip my collection of blu-rays, and hoping that would do the trick, but then I come across the problem of transferring it onto my SD card. I believe there is a 4gb transfer limitation? How else could I go about doing this?

What other methods are there for achieving this purpose?

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Since i "obtain" my phone movies from a different source than you i'm not 100% sure, but I would use Handbrake or some video ripping/converting software to get it to the size and resolution of the phone in 720p and it should be 2-4gb in size. Some of the popular converters might even have a option to convert the movie into a format just for the Bionic by selecting "Droid Bionic" from the drop down list. I have Sucker Punch in HD in .M4V format that plays well on my phone. Or you can stream it through Zumocast to the TV if the format is correct.

Last edited:

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I havent tried, but maybe netflix streaming to your phone, and plug in an hdmi cable to get it to the media system.

does netflix stream HD?

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't those methods play in a quality that's optimal for viewing on the bionic then? And not on the big screen? I want to be able to play something that's meant to be played on a big screen, but just using bionic's video player.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't those methods play in a quality that's optimal for viewing on the bionic then? And not on the big screen? I want to be able to play something that's meant to be played on a big screen, but just using bionic's video player.

I havent tried, but maybe netflix streaming to your phone, and plug in an hdmi cable to get it to the media system.

does netflix stream HD?

Netflix currently only streams SD to smartphones, Netflix HD will, and will be available on the RAZR.

All you need to do is make a video in the correct resolution, it will display in that resolution when it gets onto the HDTV. The resolution isn't changed when viewing it just on the phone, it's just scaled down to fit the screen, when it's on the HDTV it isn't scaled down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX