Google Voice on Droid?

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from an epic 4g with sprint to my new Verizon bionic.

I like to use Google voice for voice mail and text messaging. Is this possible?

Thanks

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes - you just download the app from the marketplace and set it up. I've got my vmail set up with google voice at the moment

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I receive a message

"Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not support for automatic voice mail configuration. To use Google voice as your voice mail provider, please visit the google voice help center for more information"

I will check out the help center, I was just hoping someone here already knew what to do.

Thanks

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm really missing google voice's ability to send sms via the web. Any comparable applications I can download from the market?

Why can't you send SMS from the web? Are you referring to the voice app on Android?

Menu key/Compose (select recipient)/enter message/send

Works just fine...

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
How can I take screenshots? I do not have a compose.

From my inbox, menu button, I see refresh, search, labels, balance, settings, more (help and feedback).

If i click though to a thread, I can hit menu button, text. That launches my phones built-in sms app and I assume Verizon will charge me for sending the text.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a Google Voice number also associated with your account? I have always had the text compose on my Droid devices, including right now on my Bionic.

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I do have a google voice number associated with my bionic.

Allow me to better explain my texting problem.

On my epic, I was able to text through the google voice app, using only data, through google's servers.

now, with the bionic, if i try to text someone inside google voice app, it brings me out of the voice app, into the text app, and any text sent uses verizons sms system and charges me per text. (i have pay per sms)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2