We got pwned by the RAZR!!

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I played with a Razr this weekend side by side with my Bionic and I was not impressed. I wasn't comfortable to hold, couldn't see the screen in sunlight, felt fragile to me. The battery was at 40%, I asked the sales Rep how long it had been off the charger he said 3 hours or so. I'm not in denial of any sort, I could buy a Razr today at full price and sell my Bionic for basically what I paid for it. I just don't like the Razr. To each their own, I'm very happy with my Bionic.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I played with a Razr this weekend side by side with my Bionic and I was not impressed. I wasn't comfortable to hold, couldn't see the screen in sunlight, felt fragile to me. The battery was at 40%, I asked the sales Rep how long it had been off the charger he said 3 hours or so. I'm not in denial of any sort, I could buy a Razr today at full price and sell my Bionic for basically what I paid for it. I just don't like the Razr. To each their own, I'm very happy with my Bionic.

what??? Are you SURE the Razr wasn't set for a fixed, low brightness setting, rather than "Auto" or max brightness??

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
what??? Are you SURE the Razr wasn't set for a fixed, low brightness setting, rather than "Auto" or max brightness??

THIS^^
Compared to the Bionic, my Razr's screen is far superior (color and quality). And I honestly haven't had any issues with sun glare distorting the screen.
Yes, the Razr does seem delicate when compaired to the Bionic (mostly due to its size and construction), but believe me... It's not.
As for the Razr's battery, I've been getting a good average of 18hrs. of constant use (surfing the net, downloads, phone calls, playing games, listening to music) before having to recharge. It just all depends on what settings your phone is on.
That's all.

Sent from my kick ass Droid Razr using a funky app

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I also played with the Razr over the weekend and didn't really think it was so much better then the Bionic. Sure I loved how thin and light it was but I didn't find it was as comfortable to hold as the Bionic. To me the only major advantage of the Razr is the screen which hides the pentile effect much better although it sacrifices some outdoor visability in the process. Also I know for some the optional extended battery on the Bionic makes it the better choice. Overall both are great phones and each have advantages and disadvantages over the other. It all depends on what you find most important.

Reactions: jroc

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

set to Max bright. it was even worse when viewed through my polarized glasses. I have no problem seeing the "inferior" screen on my Bionic even on lowest brightness setting in either situation.

Again, I'm sure you can get decent battery life by turning features off/down, but for me that compromise is a deal breaker. For what these devices cost to buy and operate I will settle for no less than cranking at full bore 100% of the time, and my extended battery allows me to do that without issue.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
set to Max bright. it was even worse when viewed through my polarized glasses. I have no problem seeing the "inferior" screen on my Bionic even on lowest brightness setting in either situation.

Again, I'm sure you can get decent battery life by turning features off/down, but for me that compromise is a deal breaker. For what these devices cost to buy and operate I will settle for no less than cranking at full bore 100% of the time, and my extended battery allows me to do that without issue.

I have to remove polarized glasses to view many devices, so that's not unusual.

I'm likely going to stick with my Bionic, as I sometimes use it so much that I can't make do with a standard battery. Since there's no way to get a large battery into the Razr, I think I'm reconciled to keeping my bionic, despite the fact I really like the Razr's screen a lot more.

sealevels

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The screen issue is a personal one. I for one have NO issues (so far) with the screen on the Bionic.
Exactly. Some people want sharpness (which the pentile displays admittedly do not provide) and some prefer accurate coloring and seeing it in the light.

I like most screens, pentile or not, but I do like the Bionic's screen. I'd rather have it not be as sharp and save me a little bit of battery. AMOLEDs are beautiful but I just recently saw the Charge's screen and it hurt my eyes. Haha, I'm weird.

sabbath

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Some people want sharpness (which the pentile displays admittedly do not provide) and some prefer accurate coloring and seeing it in the light.

I like most screens, pentile or not, but I do like the Bionic's screen. I'd rather have it not be as sharp and save me a little bit of battery. AMOLEDs are beautiful but I just recently saw the Charge's screen and it hurt my eyes. Haha, I'm weird.

Lol. You are not alone I like the screen too. Plus its better outside imo.

Sent from my mobile

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The screen is a bit over saturated. Inside I turn the screen way, way down.

I was able to buy a Razr at a steep discount. The local Verizon store manager gave me a great deal, since he knew I was torqued by the Bionic/Razr thing.

Gave the Bionic up. Razr *ALL* the way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234