Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ratsttam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ifriendshare message

Did anybody else get an ifriendshare message? This is what was sent to me "A program named iFriendshare is trying to contact you. To allow for 24 hours, reply A. To always allow, reply W. Reply D to reject." Something just seems fishy about this message, I tried googling it and so far not much has come up

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: ifriendshare message

Quote Originally Posted by jding88 View Post
    Did anybody else get an ifriendshare message? This is what was sent to me "A program named iFriendshare is trying to contact you. To allow for 24 hours, reply A. To always allow, reply W. Reply D to reject." Something just seems fishy about this message, I tried googling it and so far not much has come up
    If it's in a text, I wouldn't trust it lol.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah thats what I thought, after a google search it seems some thunderbolt users got the message also but nobody seems to know what it is from. Something definitely seems fishy

Got it on my droid pro. Planning to reject it.

Exclamation Re: ifriendshare message

try this out..

Exclamation Re: ifriendshare message

try this link.. iFriend

The message you have received is part of our iFriend application, www iFriendshare com The iFriend app allows you to see what devices your friends use and their wireless carrier. A friend of yours installed our app. The app is asking for permission to communicate with you. You are able to respond A, meaning yes for 24 hours period or W for yes always allow the app to contact you. If you do not want the app to contact you, please reply D. Also, if you do not respond, we do not contact you again.

Thanks,

iFriend support

Quote Originally Posted by iFriend View Post
    The message you have received is part of our iFriend application, www iFriendshare com The iFriend app allows you to see what devices your friends use and their wireless carrier. A friend of yours installed our app. The app is asking for permission to communicate with you. You are able to respond A, meaning yes for 24 hours period or W for yes always allow the app to contact you. If you do not want the app to contact you, please reply D. Also, if you do not respond, we do not contact you again.

Thanks,

iFriend support
    No offence, but it sounds like a pretty crappy way to mine data. Maybe if your text would explain a bit about what and who sent the message, people would actually accept it?
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    cda3 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    No offence, but it sounds like a pretty crappy way to mine data. Maybe if your text would explain a bit about what and who sent the message, people would actually accept it?
    couldn't have said it better

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I just got this message myself.

Did you fellas reply D to it to reject it, or did you just ignore it? I think im gonna just ignore it

I'm going to accept it, not because i'm dumb or nieve, but instead so i can report to my friends here at android central exactly what the fish smell is.

THIS JUST IN! It's pretty legit. Download the app on the market it's called iFriend. It is literally just an app that tells you what carrier and model of phone your friend's are using. Also, it is free.

Got it also anything new

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I just got this text too. Thank you for the info... did you figure out who entered your number? What's the point of it..? If my friends need to know what phone/carrier I have, they could just ask me... This sounds like something that a company I used to work for would do... it was a collection agency and we were instructed to do skeezy things like this in order to track down people we were skip tracing, their friends/relatives/anyone who has ever ever known the person.I worked there for 2 weeks and quit. Hated it and their crappy practices.

After contacting my friends to see if it was something they were sending me I rejected it. Bad way to present a new application..

Even worse after seeing that most have received this text in October you would think they would have done better. I just received the text today..smh...

i rejected it and got a message about a text not being received over and over again until i rebooted my phone. havent had any thing since then. I recommend just ignoring it.

I got the same message, but I use an iPhone... So why is this contacting ME?! I also don't understand anything about this phantom app or why it has anything to do with me. To be bluntly honest, I do not care what apps my friends are using, especially if it is not apple operated. Now please, someone tell me, why do I need this app on my iPhone or what could possibly interest me about it? :-/

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by Sieweed View Post
    I got the same message, but I use an iPhone... So why is this contacting ME?! I also don't understand anything about this phantom app or why it has anything to do with me. To be bluntly honest, I do not care what apps my friends are using, especially if it is not apple operated. Now please, someone tell me, why do I need this app on my iPhone or what could possibly interest me about it? :-/
    Not trying to be rude, but nobody on this forum is going to have any answers for you about your iPhone.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

Well if the app applies to everyone, maybe I'm not the only one with an iPhone that got the message. iFriend person who replied says it's applicable to every carrier and model. Ya dig? I rejected the request. Thanks all.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Whatever. Just saying you came into an android forum yapping about your iPhone.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

I just got this message today...
    I think I'll just ignore it
    Me: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted | Wife: Motorola Droid X - Update Broke Root
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Stock | Daughter: Motorola Droid 2 - Rooted

Thumbs up Re: ifriendshare message

Classic...lmao poor iPhone guy's in the wrong neighborhood...run along now kid. And take that p.o.s. Phone with you lol

...oh yea I got the same message, don't respond to it even if it's to reject they still get some kind if info...

Thumbs down Re: ifriendshare message

I just received one, I can't figure out why. I'm not going to answer it though. Probably not a good idea to acknowledge. Might be a scam to get money.

Considering I don't have an android either and am receiving this message, whether you care or not, we do... We don't need any of your android bugs