Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Colors of status icons

Yesterday, my wifi, 3G, and signal bars were blue. Today, wifi is blue, and 3G and signal bars are white. Any significance to this?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Colors of status icons

The blue icons are what your phone is currently using for data... i.e. When you're on wifi, your wifi icon should turn blue and the 3G/4G one will go white. If you switch off wifi that icon will disappear, and after a few seconds when your phone connects to the network for data the 3G/4G icon should turn blue. Perhaps there was some kind of bug if you say they were all blue at the same time for an extended period. Anyway, that's how its supposed to work.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Yesterday, my wifi, 3G, and signal bars were blue. Today, wifi is blue, and 3G and signal bars are white. Any significance to this?
    There seems to be some sort of bug with it that I found when researching my same issue. Basically when my Wifi turns on, whatever state the 3G icon was in gets stuck that way. So if its blue it stay blue. If it has the up arrow lit up it stays that way. If they are both lit it also stays that way. Even though nothing is actually being transferred over 3G. I want to say it was being fixed in the November update, but I can't remember if that's correct.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

I noticed the 4G/LTE icon lettering stays blue all the time, but the bars change from blue to white depending on whether wifi is on.
    Always learning ...

When your WiFi or data bars are blue, that means that you are authenticated to Google for syncing with your Google account. It was one of the UI changes added to Gingerbread.

See
    Matt Wyson likes this.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

I noticed today that there seems to be a variable with the 4G/LTE icon. Mostly on wifi, it's ALL white. Sometimes the lettering is blue with bars white (assume not active), other times all blue (working?? even with the wifi on). Strange.
    Always learning ...