soon to be new bionic owner

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am awaiting my bionic which should be here in a few days and hope that this phone is as great as people say.

I am currently on my 5th Droid charge and refused to receive a 6th. The issues with the charge are numerous!! The Rep I spoke with when I called was very nice and helpful and said they are sending me a bionic.

I will miss the beautiful screen on my charge but hope the bionic will actually work.

Any advice and tips on the bionic would be much appreciated!

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You will like your bionic, it's very powerful and it handles all apps I throw at it perfectly. You will notice a downgrade in screen from your charge but that's not my biggest gripe. My issue with two bionics so far is a lot of the time I don't have either lte o 3G. I have to either reboot or enable/disable airplane mode to get it to connect.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My issue with two bionics so far is a lot of the time I don't have either lte o 3G. I have to either reboot or enable/disable airplane mode to get it to connect.

It should be noted that this problem is supposed to be fixed with an over the air update, expected sometime in early November.

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You will like your bionic, it's very powerful and it handles all apps I throw at it perfectly. You will notice a downgrade in screen from your charge but that's not my biggest gripe. My issue with two bionics so far is a lot of the time I don't have either lte o 3G. I have to either reboot or enable/disable airplane mode to get it to connect.

The screen on the charge is great, but after 5 phones with the same problems (some more, some less) I am hoping to find a more reliable phone and will give up the screen. My friend has the droid X and I love her screen, so hopefully the bionic will be like that - or better.

I am in a 4g area, and when my charge has full bars of 4g I constantly get no data warnings, the apps foreclose constantly (basic apps like facebook, the installed web browser, note pad), the screen lags and freezes always, call quality is terrible and I the phone constantly drops calls, very regularly i can hear the person I am speaking with but they cannot hear me, the phone has to be rebooted several times a day to function properly, emails just randomly stop pushing through.....and more.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
don't listen to the naysayers. Plenty of people (and reviewers) love the Bionic. Every device has its detractors.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My Bionic is performing very well. I don't have most of the problems mentioned in this forum and am very impressed with it overall. I loved my Droid X and the Bionic seems to be all the DX was plus all the newest tech added in. There is a bug-fix update expected from Motorola/Verizon in early November where many of the little issues will be taken care of. Also, the Bionic appears to be in line to receive the next operating system update - Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) sometime in early 2012.

Meanwhile, check the other threads here and, once you get your Bionic, searches of this forum will likely answer just about any question you have! Welcome!! :D

Reactions: dressagerider

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The screen on the bionic is pretty bad even comparing to my original droid that was almost two years old. Also the camera is horrible but that's software related not hardware. I installed another camera app and it focus and takes much quicker pics and the look MUCH better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34