Cracked screen

jocro

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, got my new bionic and had it for two weeks before I managed to crack the screen. Fell right out of ny pocket. So I looked to the web for a solution, and short of $250 services which seem expensive to me, the only option I found was a replacement screen for sale ($60) that comes with a "pry open tool" for self install. Any suggestions or advice for me before I seriously consider prying open my awesome phone?

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I would look for videos of the install before you do it. It was easy as hell on the old iPhone 3G/s phones, but on the iPhone4 they made it harder to do.

Long story short, if you can't add insurance now, then know what you are getting into before you start to void your warranty. Also keep in mind the deductible when dealing with insurance.

jocro

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think insurance is the way to go, I didn't realize I had 30 days to purchase it. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Oh and sniffs, I thought the same thing when I picked it up and saw the crack. Guess i'll just have to be extra carefult in the future.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
>> Simple. Buy insurance and file a claim after.

Rather than trying to defraud the insurance company I recommend a more honest, ethical approach. How about saving some money over the course of a few months and buying a new phone. Once you've done that then you should seriously consider purchasing insurance to protect your investment. Doing the right thing will make you feel better in the long run and you'll have real world examples of good decision making to pass on to your kids one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton